Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil for high trash areas

Depends on whether your ground dictates a concentric or DD coil. Only you know that. The only two small coils are the 5.3 and 4x6. Rob

A lot depends on what you call "trashy" I have always got along fine in trashy areas with the 6X10 DD. Some hunters prefer the 5.3 for added depth while for "extremely trashy" where you may get 4-6 targets per foot, the 4X6 might be in order for better separation yet, but sacrificing depth. Asking advice is fine, but the bottom line is, use what works best for you, even if you have to buy a few coils to try them out and sell the ones that don't work the best for you in your ground. There always seems to be someone selling a coil they don't like that you may want to try. Often you only lose the cost of the shipping to try out a used coil. Good luck.

THanks Guys/Gals.
I think I will order up the 5.3 and try that first,I would like to try them all eventually.

Butch......Go for the Whites 'Shooter'.....it's a superb little coil, with a big appetite.

Depth ?????........depends on coin diameter......six inches per inch diameter in normal soil or on the beach.

Will outgun bigger coils in poor conditions...and that's a fact.

To use it is a pleasure.....light....precise...and you don't really need to pin-point.

Using it in trash, is like shooting fish in a barrel.

TheMarshall.

The Shooter?....This will work better than the 5.3?...They are both the same price. I never had any experience with any small coil on the V3. Ok....4X6 Shooter it is.
Thanks!!!

I had the 4x6 for my DFX, but for my V3, I am finding my best finds with the 5.3. Last time out I was getting Wheaties at 6 inches loud and clear. I never got that kind of depth with the 4x6.

My soil conditions are mild compared to other parts of the country. The 5.3 is great for low to moderate mineralization levels.

The 4x6 has a narrower profile that may help you get in between trash a bit better than the 5.3. It may also allow you to get closer to playground equipment if you are detecting the tot lots.

Neil in West Jersey said:
I had the 4x6 for my DFX, but for my V3, I am finding my best finds with the 5.3. Last time out I was getting Wheaties at 6 inches loud and clear. I never got that kind of depth with the 4x6.

My soil conditions are mild compared to other parts of the country. The 5.3 is great for low to moderate mineralization levels.

The 4x6 has a narrower profile that may help you get in between trash a bit better than the 5.3. It may also allow you to get closer to playground equipment if you are detecting the tot lots.

I agree

I have been trying to work this area in a local park that was a favorite place for the servicemen from WW2 to bring their lady friends.So far I have found a few coins and the odd bit of jewelry or uniform insignia,but I find that the 12 super on the V3 has a hard time when there are numerous targets.Also there are small trees and shrubs to work around.This ground is very trashy with all sorts of metal debris.

heck of a performer in higher mineralization as well! These 6

I just ordered the eclipse 5.3,now I need a front end loader to get rid of the snow and a jack hammer for the frost in the ground!