Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coiltek 10" x 5" coil for Equinox

Cos

The new Coiltek 10" x 5" search coil for the Equinox is advertised largely as a small coil to get into tight places and one to sniff out coins in high trash areas. However, in terms of ground coverage (and depth) isn't it in reality a full 10 inch coil, only one inch smaller that the standard Equinox 11 inch coil????

The new Coiltek 10" x 5" search coil for the Equinox is advertised largely as a small coil to get into tight places and one to sniff out coins in high trash areas. However, in terms of ground coverage (and depth) isn't it in reality a full 10 inch coil, only one inch smaller that the standard Equinox 11 inch coil????
Do you have one or is this just what you've heard?

The 5" x 10" being only 5 inches wide offers better left to right separation than even the 6" Minelab coil while still offering the front to back coverage of a 10" coil. Kind of a "best of both" the the 6" and 11" coils. A compromise of the two, if you will. It should be as deep as the 6" but with about 160% better coverage. They are not what I'd call Pre-order as some folks have already received them. With demand out pacing the present supply, I'd say many of us are just waiting for additional coils to show up at our dealers. I'm on the still waiting list also.

The 5" x 10" being only 5 inches wide offers better left to right separation than even the 6" Minelab coil while still offering the front to back coverage of a 10" coil. Kind of a "best of both" the the 6" and 11" coils. A compromise of the two, if you will. It should be as deep as the 6" but with about 160% better coverage. They are not what I'd call Pre-order as some folks have already received them. With demand out pacing the present supply, I'd say many of us are just waiting for additional coils to show up at our dealers. I'm on the still waiting list also.
Another difference 6' minelab vs 10x6" Coiltek is the sweet spot. Minelab 6" is in the center where Coiltek is at the front tip according to a youtube video. Waiting for my 10x6" also.

or 10x5"

Another difference 6' minelab vs 10x6" Coiltek is the sweet spot. Minelab 6" is in the center where Coiltek is at the front tip according to a youtube video. Waiting for my 10x6" also.
The sweet spot on a dd coil is the entire center bar from tip to tip other wise there would be no coverage .But the center of the bar will be a little hotter than the tips .sube

when watching an interview that Coiltek did with a metal detecting podcast, they said that if you basically squeeze the 10x5 into a circular coil it’d be about 7.5”, so I’d assume depth might be a tad better than 6”

I think most people missed my point regarding the Coiltek 10" x 5" search coil for the Equinox. Because that coil detects the entire length of the coil where the two "D's" overlap, I believe it is in actuality a full 10" inch coil, and is only one inch less than the standard 11" Equinox coil. Thus, it should have nearly the same depth of detection as the standard 11" coil in a much more manageable size (and weight). My 600 and 800 Equinox units with the standard coil are very "toe heavy" so that swinging the detector(s) are very tiresome because of a lack of balance. Not sure of its weight, but I have a feeling that the new Coiltek 10" x 5" inch coil could be "just what the doctor ordered"!

I think most people missed my point regarding the Coiltek 10" x 5" search coil for the Equinox. Because that coil detects the entire length of the coil where the two "D's" overlap, I believe it is in actuality a full 10" inch coil, and is only one inch less than the standard 11" Equinox coil. Thus, it should have nearly the same depth of detection as the standard 11" coil in a much more manageable size (and weight). My 600 and 800 Equinox units with the standard coil are very "toe heavy" so that swinging the detector(s) are very tiresome because of a lack of balance. Not sure of its weight, but I have a feeling that the new Coiltek 10" x 5" inch coil could be "just what the doctor ordered"!
Cos, you make a convincing argument, 11 inch is nose heavy, that is why mine broke. The coil dipped down while swinging and caught the sand then cracked before I knew what happened.
Makes sense to me, so now where to find one?
Tony
I’ll start with my local guy

COS - With DD coils the width plays a much bigger part in the coils depth verses the length. I would guess the 5" x 10" coil will have about the same depth as the 6" Minelab coil. Won't know until I receive mine and have a chance to use it.

Well i wish it was true but take whites clean sweep it was 18 inches long and 3 inches wide covered ground like crazy soccer fields and such a dd coil . But since it was only 3 inches wide it would only go 4 inches deep. As Tom says the width is where the coil gets it depth so it should be almost as deep as the 6 but elliptical are not as stable as round coils and round coils are better at performance than elliptical coils. sube

Heard a shipment is due next week to at least one Florida Dealer.

Heard a shipment is due next week to at least one Florida Dealer.
Hope so for your sake. The video said the 10x5" coil was the most ordered of the 3 new Coiltek coils by far. So maybe for most other dealers, could possibly receive the 10x5" coil by mid-May. Still a very slow process. Ordered mine Feb.2.

Are the coil ears better that the ones on stock coils?