Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coiltek 10x5" / Equinox 900 combo obtains its first trifecta!

JimmyCT

The Coiltek 10" x 5" continues to impress me! I decided to place the Coiltek to the test at a well-beaten baseball field from the early 1930's. Being in use since the 30's the ground is polluted with everything imaginable that one would find at such a location. I was running Park1 - multi, 4 on recovery, 0 - iron bias, All-tones, sensitivity @ 23 and an ultra-slow scan speed. From previous hunts with the 11" coil at this location, the Coiltek continues to shine in polluted ground conditions. It was slow going as I hunted for 5 hours finding three wheaties and of course the dime trifecta. Be safe and wish you the best of luck looking for treasures!

Attachments

• IMG_5360 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_5360 - Copy.JPG
    166.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_5362 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_5362 - Copy.JPG
    179.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5363 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_5363 - Copy.JPG
    203.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_5373 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_5373 - Copy.jpg
    689 KB · Views: 33
The Coiltek 10" x 5" continues to impress me! I decided to place the Coiltek to the test at a well-beaten baseball field from the early 1930's. Being in use since the 30's the ground is polluted with everything imaginable that one would find at such a location. I was running Park1 - multi, 4 on recovery, 0 - iron bias, All-tones, sensitivity @ 23 and an ultra-slow scan speed. From previous hunts with the 11" coil at this location, the Coiltek continues to shine in polluted ground conditions. It was slow going as I hunted for 5 hours finding three wheaties and of course the dime trifecta. Be safe and wish you the best of luck looking for treasures!
Nice finds Jim your welcome to join us on a hunt in Branford coming up. Huge open space field and 1800's farm house
Mark

Nice finds Jim your welcome to join us on a hunt in Branford coming up. Huge open space field and 1800's farm house
Mark
Thanks Mark, I appreciate the offer / invite!

Try hunting the same field again with the recovery speed at 7, and the sensitivity at 19.
I’ll certainly give it a shot.
What has been your success / experiences with targets in changing to these settings?

Congrats on the wheaties and dime trifecta Jimmy That combo seems to work quite well for you. Been a while since I had a trifecta, of any sort. Good luck. Mark

I’ve really liked the Eqx 900 since getting it and will get the Coiltek as soon as it comes in to dealer who promised it at old price. Was iffy about it, but tired of switching between 11” and 6” coils - both of which are excellent, but I believe I could use the 10x5 for most outings and rarely need to switch out coils. Glad to hear it works well in polluted ground. Years ago when I used a Teknetics omega with a 5x10 concentric coil I was making insane amounts of finds so the 900 with same size coil should do even better.