Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coin on edge

Digger 45

Not finding anything wrong with finding a coin on edge with the Nox, i have tried dimes, nickels, and quarters and it hits hard from all sides, the gentleman that posted the first post and video needs to have Minelab check his unit, i believe there is something wrong with his unit.

Digger 45 said:
Not finding anything wrong with finding a coin on edge with the Nox, i have tried dimes, nickels, and quarters and it hits hard from all sides, the gentleman that posted the first post and video needs to have Minelab check his unit, i believe there is something wrong with his unit.

So many people are experiencing the issue, it's not just his unit. And, Minelab has already acknowledged it's an issue, a copy of the email is posted in another forum. Also, it's not just coins, it's large high conducters (aka large silvers) in Park 1 and Field 1, Park 2 and Field 2 are unaffected. If either of you are able to hit a large silver in either of those modes, I'd have to see a video of it to believe it.

RavRad said:
.... If either of you are able to hit a large silver in either of those modes, I'd have to see a video of it to believe it.

Large silver ON EDGE to be precise.

Jason in Enid said:
.... If either of you are able to hit a large silver in either of those modes, I'd have to see a video of it to believe it.

Lol, whoops. Correct, larger silver coin on edge in Park 1 or Field 1. One guy made a video in Beach 2 with a non-silver coin trying to prove it wasn’t happening. What’s funniest to me is Minelab has already fessed up that it’s a thing.

John 71 said:
Well if it's something wrong with the detector what is minoan going to do about it?

Its not "something is wrong". Its the way the detector reads and interprets signals. Something funky about the return from a large, high conductor like a silver dollar, on edge, that the machine is deciding its junk. Same thing if you stack a half dozen halves together. It wont read them because the signal is so far out of "norm".

Jason in Enid said:

If I could make a video I would. Park 1 and Park 2 I have no problem hitting a peace dollar, Franklin half, Washington quarter at 8" air test on edge. The dollar in Park 1 is the only signal at times reads east to west 38 west to east 2, but strong high tone east to west, broken west to east, but I would definitely dig. Sensitivity 17 because of EMI. iron bius 2 recovery 6, disc. -9 to 0. Threshold 0. Maybe I'm just lucky. I have a friend that tapes all his beach hunts so I will talk to him about a video.

in on-surface tests, Park 1 does seem to have a problem with on-edge coins; Park 2 not so much. But, in real life, an on-edge coin will have been in the ground for awhile; shouldn't the halo effect make it easier for the machine to pick it up?

Silver doesnt bleed like say iron. Jason...... if its not doing what another detector does (CTX)..... id say "somethings wrong".

dewcon4414 said:
Silver doesnt bleed like say iron. Jason...... if its not doing what another detector does (CTX)..... id say "somethings wrong".

why? Its NOT that detector. the technology is completely new and different. The CTX cant hit nickels as deep, or hit tiny gold anywhere like the EQX can. So, to twist your argument, something is "wrong" with the CTX.

Gentlemen, I dusted off the old ctx and on a shallow half on edge the Equinox and the ctx perform exactly the same. It bangs out like a flat coin until you rotate and at one point it drops to half the tid number, as you continue to rotate just a few degrees it bounces right back up.

Give it a try!

Laplander

Air tests are usually the worst imho but this test does illustrate what may be occurring. thanks Mark G for this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1YM5ZTHAYo

as long as it is nailing gold and chains and small gold they wont touch mine......errr hmpph I mean...hmmph... Gentle Men this.... just terrible Y'all's all need to send

y'alls back. I will hang onto mine clean up some more pulltabs and beercaps where when you get the new and improved model there will be plenty of coins on edge

to find ......But little else.....:yikes:

Happy Trails
jimpugh