Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coin Ring

shawnIN

Was going through some of the finds I made last year and noticed I had found a coin ring. This is the second coin ring I have dug. The 1st was found in North Carolina several years ago. Now my second comes from Indiana. I guess these things get around. :)

[attachment 282818 Rings003.JPG]

I've found a few here in Nebraska. Back in the fifties people use to make them, from what I have been told. The oldest one I found had a date of 1928, SLQ. Sort of wish they had of just dropped the quarter for me to find, but I'll still take the ring.

Very cool find !

Those are very cool, can you tell what coins that they were? Top one looks like a Washington quarter? I would love to find one, way to go :thumbup:

I have never found one of those. Was sharing a yard last year where I had found a Walking Liberty and 15 feet away my buddy found a coin ring made from a 1919 French coin.

I would love to find one, Congrats on your 2nd one. I think their pretty neat :)

Pretty neat Shawn. I've thought about having some made for my folks! Thanks for the pictures. I'd like to unearth one for sure. You should've had that on your bucket list...lol.

NebTrac

I made several back in the 60's and always used a silver Quarter. 50 cent piece was too big for most fingers. It takes awhile beating the outer edge with a spoon while you rotate the quarter. We always referred to them as a spoon ring.