Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

coin settings

Just wanted to put my two cents worth in. I bought my Etrac after alot of research. I wanted one of the best if not the best detectors out there to coin shoot, beach hunt, etc. I knew I was probably biting off more than I could chew(technology wise) but as I said I researched and liked what I saw so I bought it. Did I make a mistake? NO!!!! At first I thought I did, but after reading the owners's manual(numerous, numerous times) and also The Minelab Explorer/E-trac book(numerous, numerous times) and using my Etrac(20+ hrs so far) I'm starting to understand it alot better. Basicly its like anything you first get its hard to break old habits and harder to accept new ones. As I have stated in another post I haven't found any silver yet but truthfully if I would of used any other detector where I have used my Etrac I probably would'nt of found any silver with it either. But I really like this detector it has a whole lot to offer and the best part is that I'm having fun and finding lots of coins. I bought this detector because I wanted something I could grow into and not grow out of. The only draw back is I'm not real savy on computers or modern electronics so that tecky part is the hardest for me, but I'm learning every time I use it so I'm very satisified with my choice.

thanks for your most appreciated input!
was curious as to WHERE you are hunting with it?
are you doing heavily trash laden sites such as,old parks,old schools,and generally older areas
that have a heavy concentration of junk?..thanks!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

So far I've hunted my home(built in the 30's) property, found 1 wheatie, I've been hunting a few older parks and one school yard. The one park that I'm hunting I've pulled silver out of it almost 30 yrs ago, but so far none this year. As far as coins mixed in with trash goes, the Etrac proved itself numerous times already. If you work it slow you can find the coins between the trash, also I have had a few targets that when I dug them I pulled an old nail or metal strap out of the hole but under the old nail was a coin and also under the metal strap there was a coin too. As far as trash I have 1/2 of a 5 gallon bucket full of aluminum can slaw, tabs, copper wire, today I found the guts of a faucet(I think its brass), etc. so your still going to dig trash if you want the good stuff. Bottom line is that I'm very glad I did the research before I just went out and bought a new metal detector. The Etrac is definitely a keeper! :detecting: Today I hunted for about 4 hrs. I picked up 46 Lincoln memorials, 1 Jefferson nickel, 15 clad dimes and 16 clad quarters, but no silver. Oh well as Scarlett O'Hara said," tomorrows another day!" Happy Detecting!:)

One pattern I use is to mask out FE 0 to 34 and CO 19 to 35

This leaves you a big silver box in the upper right corner of the screen.

If you want nickels too open up 10-10 to 10-15 and 15-10- to 15-15