Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

coin settings

jmaryt

was just wondering! is it possible to just turn the trac on,punch noise cancel
use the factory coin setting,and be in the best set up for "deep silver" at MOST trashy
hunting sites?..thanks!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Go to edit and knock out the top right line( #1 line) so the machine can signal silver dollars and you should be good to go. There are some different patterns but the factory coins is not bad at all. HH :minelab:

Yes.....I wouldn't say the BEST, but darn close, I changed very few things....but at first I hunted with it right out of the box and found silver the first day

What's "best" is likely to change from site to site, but the stock coin program is very close.

Most of the changes people make really just open up more of the "iffy" area to sounding off.

thanks for the input! what do you attribute the trac's ability to find the silver in all the junk?
is it just the 28 frequencies that sort it out for you,or is it something else? just curious!
thanks!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

appreciate the feedback! was always curious as to how this detector seems to burn every other detector in the junk!
didn't believe it at first! thought users were slingin' the s**t but i keep hearin' how they grab silver all the time in the junk with the pics
to back it up,so i finally realized that its true! i STILL cant figure WHY veteran hunters have not jumped on board!
after all,with the exception of the good ole' boys down south chasin' the war relics,the rest of us are after the deep silver in the
"cooked" parks and school grounds!..must be the weight,and the price of the trac! it's the only reasons i can think of that 'seasoned"
hunters would not get one!..just sayin' if i'm mistaken,then someone please correct me!..thanks!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

thanks for the tip! most appreciated!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

jmaryt said:
appreciate the feedback! was always curious as to how this detector seems to burn every other detector in the junk!
didn't believe it at first! thought users were slingin' the s**t but i keep hearin' how they grab silver all the time in the junk with the pics
to back it up,so i finally realized that its true! i STILL cant figure WHY veteran hunters have not jumped on board!
after all,with the exception of the good ole' boys down south chasin' the war relics,the rest of us are after the deep silver in the
"cooked" parks and school grounds!..must be the weight,and the price of the trac! it's the only reasons i can think of that 'seasoned"
hunters would not get one!..just sayin' if i'm mistaken,then someone please correct me!..thanks!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
Are you saying that those of us on the Etrac forum & those of us that own a Etrac are not seasoned veterans---are untested, (thru the tector "wars") & are in general, "newbies"????-----Just havin some fun wid ya jmaryt!-----If your interest is in finding deeeep silver/coppers with acceptable trash working capabilities, get either an Etrac or Explorer.-----If you get an Etrac, edit out that top right horizontal bar (first off), in the coin program.----Then go to work!!----The coin program other than that edit is a very good place to start & to get to know the detector.------In the end, the only real answer to a lot of your questions is only going to be answered by experience with the machine (that goes for ANY detector).-----Minelabs aren't for everyone but they sure are for all of us "un-seasoned" dudes!-------Del

When running coin settings, do you generally run AUTO, 'Semi-auto +3' or Manual?

If Manual, tell me how you run it using the coin program. I assume you use a setting to avoid falsing on iron.

i don't !..don't own one! just trying to determine if one can run in factory coin settings,
without diddling and fiddling too much,and have the detector run optimally in trash laden sites!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

i was specifically referring to other long time hunters using detectors,OTHER than the e-trac, NOT using it for the mentioned reasons specified in my other post!
i thought my post was clear on that,but i guess anyone who was dropped on his head as a child might have difficulty understanding that!( just funnin' wid ya!)
now,that said,yes i concur that ANY detector must be learned before you can become proficient with it!(not tryin' to pat myself on the back,but i guess i kinda knew that after over 33 years of hunting!)
but,again it doesn't hurt to be reminded from time to time).just to be clear,it was NEVER my intention that the fine folks on this forum are inexperienced hunters,on the contrary,i can tell by reading the various posts
that many hunters have extensive experience using the minelab,as well as many other detectors.i'm basically just trying to get a'feel" from users as to why the trac does so well in trashed parks,and other places
because i keep reading how its finding a ton of good stuff under those hunting circumstances! just trying to get an idea of why and how! that's all!..thanks!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

perhaps you can expand on WHY minelabs are not for everyone?.why is that? can you cite specific reasons why this is so?
ya got me wonderin' on that one!..thanks!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

there are still a lot of unbelievers who think their detector will find what the minelab does and they are fooling themselves. Look at any of the forums of people who dig silver almost every hunt and get 100+ silver a year, 99% of them are using minelab....the proof is in the pudding!

jmaryt said:
perhaps you can expand on WHY minelabs are not for everyone?.why is that? can you cite specific reasons why this is so?
ya got me wonderin' on that one!..thanks!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
WHY ABSOLUTELY!!!------As a person that has been dropped on his head multiple times as a child and as a person that started "playing" with these things (various detectors) going on 36 years ago---I'll try to explain/answer your "wonderin" question.------Specific reasons: (some not operational related)---------(1) Minelabs are expensive---not everyone can or wants to put that much money in a detector------(2) Not everyone likes the weight/balance-----(3) Some folks cannot get used to or do not like the sounds/tones of the Etracs/Explorers----(4) Some operators can't get used to or just plain don't like the slower "re-set" of the cursor/numbers (as compared to some other detectors)-------(5) Some people just want a simpler machine or a "beep & dig" detector and there is not ONE THING wrong with that.-----That's five reasons right off the top of my "dropped" head and there are others (for sure).-----These and MANY other reasons are why there are various detectors on the market---likes & dis-likes-----different strokes for different folks.--------The WHOLE POINT is---get a detector that you (not John Doe) like and are comfortable with and get out there and have FUN!!!!!!--------I'm goin huntin!-----------------Del

you should go huntin' you'll feel better! del! (lol!)
all of what you said,i already know! i guess i was just expecting something amazing! especially from you,but alas
its not meant to be,i guess! anyway what you hit on i agree with,so i guess there just are not any other reasons
that i'm not aware of,but i thank you kindly for your input!..good luck in your hunt!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

this is exactly what i had in mind when i made the original post!
it got me curious to ask,because you are absolutely correct,and i am one who is guilty of ignoring all the info and finds that have been made with the trac!
i admit i am/was one of the smug "bastards" that thought that way! my eyes and (wallet) are in fact,wide open! any body know
where i can get a "cheap" trac?..just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

I think a Tesoro Compadre would do you better.On another thread didn't you say it would find as much as an Etrac?
You would save alot of money. ...just sayin.

i don't recall ever saying that,however i DO recall saying that on a
virgin",or lightly hunted site,such as a first time hunted old house,you could use virtually ANY
detector built within the last 20 years ,or so,and find as much as a top of the line detector costing $1,500.00
or so! i DO recall saying that,and i believe this is true,so i guess a "compadre" would qualify as ANY detector!
just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Actually, it wouldn't find as much as the E-Trac. Sure, there would be a lot to find that a lower model detector could also sound off on, but there would still be the deeper ones, and the ones mixed with junk that would be ignored, just like they have been doing for 20+ years.

not so! the little compadre is a terrific detector in the trash! very fast separation!,
and it gets the small gold too! thin chains etc..etc..still gets down 6 " or so,will get
"most" of it! outrageous value for $160.00 especially in a "virgin" environment!..just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.