Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cold Cash On The Hill Inching Slowly Towards My 2021 Gold Coin Purchase

John-Edmonton

Staff member
Last couple of snow hunts were somewhat productive. Got some nice one dollar coins. Due to covid, lots of people are suffering from cabin fever, so the families head to the hills for some fun. Another 11 months to go before I start gold coin shopping.

jan10.jpg

Hahaha! Just showed the wife your finds and what did she zero in on? Canucks!! She is diehard Golden Knights....... I saw interesting other items, geez 🙄

I have a question for those of you who hunt in the snow, do you take a pick with you? Here in Arizona some places (even parks) the dirt is like concrete, so digging 1 or 2 inches is max.

Nice finds, John. Garrett sent me a download of the super sniper book today and look forward to reading it. Probably won't be back to the library anytime soon. Mama came home from rehab and is housebound. got a break to come get groceries and stopped here for 20 minutes. Happy hunting.

Last couple of snow hunts were somewhat productive. Got some nice one dollar coins. Due to covid, lots of people are suffering from cabin fever, so the families head to the hills for some fun. Another 11 months to go before I start gold coin shopping.
Congrats on being able to get out and on having some success. Always envious of you Canadians getting to find $1 and $2 coins. I sure wish we would dump the paper $1 and $2 here in the USA and go to a coin rather than paper.

One thing I look or in anybody's post is info on the mode-used, the Operating Frequencies used and the settings as well I enjoy my Apex models and appreciate the performance they provide. I'll be glad when spring arrives and I mend-up so I can get out hunting again. I need it to warm up a might, too. Just can't handle the cold like in my younger years.

Just for the record, I have all 3 Apex devices at-the-ready with my preferred coil-of-choice already mounted and ready-to-go for different site conditions / applications. All three use my 'Custom' mode to 'accept' all Disc. segments from '20' on up. My Sensitivity is at maximum and I only reduce it if there is EMI. Volume is set at '8' and Iron Volume is a '2' and I start each of them up in the 'MF' frequency. However, I do't hesitate to change to a Single-Frequency because I have fund times and places where they handle EMI better, or where I can gain a little in detection-performance. Often it is at the 'default' 15 kHz, but on some locations 5 kHz or 20 kHz worked to my advantage. I also use both the Wireless MS-3 headphones and AT Pro-Pointer w/Z-Lynk technology.

Anyway, just curious when mode / frequency / other settings you typically use?

Monte

Nice hunt Brother John. I hope to start hunting again this year but need to send my detector in for service.

Brother Farnum