Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Combo that can potentially get 10" on a Minnie Ball

Canewrap

I'm hunting a site that has orangish dirt in S. Tenn. The Vaquero and the X-terra I've hunted it with, using the 8X9 concentric and a 10.5" DD, seem to only be getting an effective depth of about 6 to 7 inches. I'm not averse to adding another machine that can get 10 inches on a Minnie ball in an open field with a little bit of mineralization. Don't know if a large coil would make this worse or more likely to find something period, if it's there. I just want to try and hedge my bet on finding the site I know is there, but haven't located yet.

Get a equinox and a GPX, you'll find anything that's left.

A minelab gpx will find deep bullets. 10"-12" pretty regularly. It's a heavy machine & you will dig some iron.

The Equinox can easily smack a ten inch Minnie here, but I don't know you soil . I think you would be impressed to see what else is left. Good luck locating your mystery site!!

Jeff

The T2 will get those deep bullets in all metal, but you have to stay up with the ground balance. Aquachigger has a great youtube video about this.

I’m in Southern Middle Tennessee.Out of curiosity,I buried a quarter,a .54 minnie and fired,smashed minnie at a depth of 8”.After being buried for about two months I still can’t get anything more than an iron signal with no positive vdi,at least not a signal that I would dig.My present detectors are a F-75,a MXT E series and a Nokta Fors Relic.I have used every setting(gain,disc,mode)available.As for the larger coils,they seem to pick up more reflected ground noise,especially on the smaller targets.I have found the 8 x 6 Sef coil to be the best all around coil for our soil.

A deus in Gold field or Equinox in gold mode would be interesting for that kind of dirt. I have mild soil here but a guy from up north sent me a box some of the hottest dirt in the country and I made a test hole. 7 inchs on a silver quarter impossible in discrim mode on any detector. Gold field on the Deus, Gold mode on Equinox, and Gen Delta mode on the Anfibio performed better than normal discrim modes. These are all forms of all metal modes BUT have discrimination filters. Or I guess you could say they are discrim modes with a lot less filters than a traditional discrim mode on a detector. The Deus in gold field with a 9 inch coil in 28 kh seemed to do the best in the tst I did.

A gpx would hit it loud and clear. 8" on a bullet isn't even stretching it's legs. To witness it is a real eye opener. I took my buddies out to a spot that was really good. They were having trouble finding anything deeper than 6"-7". Here's the kicker I gave up on this spot for that reason. My vlf machines couldn't find anything. We used good vlf machines also. Cz3d F75Ltd T2se Deus G2 F19
TDI Etrack. I took my gpx in & it was a real eye opener. I'd have a 8" bullet blowing my ears off & my buddies couldn't hear it.

Any of the Nautilus detectors will have no problem finding a minie ball at 10". They are heavy to swing but they go Deeeeep.

I live in Southern Middle Tennessee and use a GPX with a 15 inch coil and go back to some of my old sites and dig bullets and other items in the 10 to 15 inch range easy.

:super:
PDH said:
Any of the Nautilus detectors will have no problem finding a minie ball at 10". They are heavy to swing but they go Deeeeep.

The T2 does pretty good for me. I dig 8 to 10 inch deep minnie balls on a regular basis in woods and field using 0 disc. 99 sens. Bp mode. That's using the stock coil. The 13" ultimate coil goes even deeper. Just 2 weeks ago I dug an 1800's large cent at a measured 13" with the stock coil. The only reason I measured it is because I was amazed at how deep the hole was. But for consistent and depth confidence the GPX is by far the top dog. But that's comparing a VLF to a pulse machine, big difference. :cheers:

I'm actually starting to consider a White's TDI. I've seen it set up to recognize or ignore nails at a pretty decent depth. Saw one in use years ago at a relic hunt in VA and it was finding
Minnie balls at 12" in really bad dirt. Will really take some work to get familiar with, but I think it will be worth it.