Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

"Come on Minelab-USA"...You don't need to tout for stories.

TheMarshall

'Hello there,' Minelab USA customer relations.

Why send out e-mails for club stories etc. when for some strange reason you're failing to 'read the mail' on this sizzling forum.

It's populated with guys who by enthusiasm and good detecting with their E-Tracs, generate all you need.

How about showing some appreciation for ZOFCHAK's example?

His story epitomises the best of this hobbies spirit of good public relations.

He did it using a Minelab E-Trac..........

The opportunity is yours to promote....I hope you're not found wanting.​

Zofchak....You're 'Top of the class'...'King of the ring'.......Matt

May your next gold find be so big that you'll need a wheelbarrow to carry home, and may it be so old that the original owner will have sit it out on a cloud, until you can hand it back!

Minelab is doing it legally. Stories submitted directly to them can be published with implied consent of the submitter. Lifting or soliciting stories from other sites for their benefit can cause BIG problems.

TheMarshall said:
'Hello there,' Minelab USA customer relations.

Why send out e-mails for club stories etc. when for some strange reason you're failing to 'read the mail' on this sizzling forum.

It's populated with guys who by enthusiasm and good detecting with their E-Tracs, generate all you need.

How about showing some appreciation for ZOFCHAK's example?

His story epitomises the best of this hobbies spirit of good public relations.

He did it using a Minelab E-Trac..........

The opportunity is yours to promote....I hope you're not found wanting.​

Zofchak....You're 'Top of the class'...'King of the ring'.......Matt

May your next gold find be so big that you'll need a wheelbarrow to carry home, and may it be so old that the original owner will have sit it out on a cloud, until you can hand it back!

Thanks for the kind words Marshall! :) Maybe I should write something up about the find and submit it to Minelab. :shrug:The owner of the class ring just received it yesterday, and he's going to send along a picture of himself with the ring in a few days. I also have pictures from the day I found it, and could probably add those as well.

I do have to admit it was a little bitter sweet mailing away $225 in scrap gold to a complete stranger. :cry: That being said, I don't see anything different between finding a lost envelope full of cash with someone's name on it, or a gold ring with their name on it. Either way I would never feel comfortable keeping it unless I made a reasonable effort to find the rightful owner.

the guy you sent it to is "glad" you did! and appreciative!
count on this!.it IS the right thing to do! ,money aside!
just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

this IS true!.."possible "huge" legal dilemma!
just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.