Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Comparison question about VDI readings

Daugela

Still have more comparison questions before my buy so I know what to expect if I drop $1500 bucks.

With my MXT, which I'm pretty darn good with, good targets that are deep usually do not VDI correctly and appear to be junk. So unless you're willing to dig all the junk signals, or most of them, you're not going to find many deep good targets. For example, a very deep dime may only give a faint 'whisper' and no VDI reading on screen whatsoever. This 'whisper' may not even be a high tone.

Would a V3i give a different reading? Would it whisper, or maybe give a louder tone or a VDI reading? I know everything depends on condition, but in general, how would the V3i react?

The V is better than my MXT was and it is certainly better than the DFX. It is the best Whites offers at this time. If you are good with your MXT great. Some people have never heard a whisper on an MXT or never owned an MXT. The V3i will do everything the MXT will and more.

Losing reliable target ID at depth is universal with all brands and models. I dig just about all good and questionable targets beyond 6 inches. There is a lot of nice finds below 6 inches even if they are not coins but those deep coins on edge and multiples that other leave for trash ARE there.

Dig those maybes.

The V3I will do anything you want
:pulltab:<<<<<have to dig these to find a ring dude no matter which machine you have no one has come up with the technology to tell the difference

I'd be a rich man if I could:nopity:

Looking beyond VDI #'s - The most reliable way to determine a possible desireable target at 6"+ with the Spectra is tone identification. Tuning your ear to use that feature and the more advanced stereo mixed mode with tone ID will find you more at greater depths. I believe there is more fine tuning available in the settings to enhance the audio than the visual identification. Up to about six inches relying on the visual clues is fine but I always run with tones as well. The levels of mineralization where you hunt will have an impact on your results. I think we get too hung up on wanting to see what's under our coil before we dig - thus we want a lock on VDI on a dime at 12" :detecting:.
My 2

Ytcoinshooter said:
Looking beyond VDI #'s - The most reliable way to determine a possible desireable target at 6"+ with the Spectra is tone identification. Tuning your ear to use that feature and the more advanced stereo mixed mode with tone ID will find you more at greater depths. I believe there is more fine tuning available in the settings to enhance the audio than the visual identification. Up to about six inches relying on the visual clues is fine but I always run with tones as well. The levels of mineralization where you hunt will have an impact on your results. I think we get too hung up on wanting to see what's under our coil before we dig - thus we want a lock on VDI on a dime at 12" :detecting:.
My 2

mortamus said:
Ytcoinshooter said:
My 2