Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Connecticut copper, shield nickel, seated dime..

dougj7

Another good hunt today. I Found my 1st Connecticut copper, shield nickel, and seated dime. The shield nickel was in the same hole with the 11 crusty indians including one fatty.

Wow, unreal pocket spill. But what a bummer the highly mineralized soil toasted them.

An indian cent pocket spill is rare indeed ... too bad they took such a beating in the ground. Still a nice save .. congrats ! :cheers:

looks like you had a great day of hunting. most of my coins I find in Pennsylvania looks like yours a little on the green side
happy hunting

I never knew CT had a coin with its name on it , thats a really intresting find,

Very nice hunt indeed, to bad it didn't have a Higley Copper in there also...hahahahha Still a great hunt for sure.

nice diggins.... that conneticut copper looks better than the few i have found,, still has decent detail.... nice finds...

What it appears you found is a Connecticut AUCTOPI variety. There were 3 different obverse dies used with this variety and several reverse dies. They are all quite scarce. It appears as if yours is Obverse 42. I have one in my collection, see photo that is obverse 40. FYI, I was a contributor to the Redbook for about 10 years from the mid 1990's to 2003. If you would like more info, feel free to email me at my office don.mituzas@elliman.com

AUCTOPI.jpg

What a fantastic hunt - congrats ! :beers: