Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Convince me TO NOT get a Legend.

John in Florida

I have the option of buying a nice Simplex+ dirt cheap or buying a Legend with 2 coils and wireless headphones.

How much better is the Legend for general detecting for an experienced detectorist?

I have the option of buying a nice Simplex+ dirt cheap or buying a Legend with 2 coils and wireless headphones.

How much better is the Legend for general detecting for an experienced detectorist?
What version is on the Legend you have a chance to purchase ???

If it is one of the older Legends with 1.04,1.05,1.07, I would probably steer clear of it, her is the reason why there are several of us that have the older Legends that after we installed the 1.11 update started having issues with our Legend not all legends but a few Legends, I am one of the ones that started having issues after I installed 1.11 version, but if the Legend you can purchase is one of the new ones that came with 1.11 from the factory I would purchase it, the issues that people were having or are seeing was mainly on legends that were pre 1.11 versions the Legends coming from the factory with 1.11 seem to be having no issue, I have three Legend one was the original version which was 1.04 it was the first one I purchased and one of the first to come to the U.S my second Legend that I purchased was originally a 1.05 version both those Legends performed fantastic until I installed the current version 1.11 which has now been updated to 1.13 the issues I started seeing with my first two Legends was severe loss of depth, running very unstable, TIDs (target IDs) being all over the place, that is just three of the issues I started seeing after I installed the 1.11 version on those two Legends

My third Legend is one that came from the factory with 1.11 already installed I have seen none of the issues with that Legend at all.

as for the Simplex Plus if you can get past the Dyeing aflac Goose tones the Simplex Plus is a fantastic single frequency detector

as for the differences between the Legend and the Simplex plus there are a ton of differences between the two, as long as you do not have the issues that some of us have had the Legend is way more detector than the Simplex and when the Legend is performing like it should personally the Legend is the way I would go as long as it is the new version and came from the factory with 1.11

what two coils comes with the Legend that you are considering

you need to ask the person with the Legend which version it came from the factory with and actually have them show you which version is installed in it, ask to see the receipt, for purchase date

also the new Legends coming from the factory will have a carbon fiber middle shaft and lower carbon fiber shaft as well as the LG 30 coil and also a updated arm cuff, but even if it has the LG30 and both middle and lower shaft are carbon fiber and new style arm cuff that is no guarantee that it came from the factory with 1.11 already installed as the LG30 coil and middle carbon fiber shaft and new version arm cuff can all be purchased,

Just a few things to consider

Last edited:
Like anything else I believe you’re going to regret not getting that Legend. Just because some units had issues doesnt mean they all did, mine upgraded to 1.11 with not hitches. I’ve never bought anything new that didnt need either an adjustment or a minor fix. Its part of mass production.

Well I have had the original legend with version 1.04 done all the updates except 1.13 no issues what so ever depth actually increased for me at version 1.09 and is the same at version 1.11. I will go ahead and update the Legend to version 1.13. I'm wondering if the loss of depth was due to a bad coil???

Well I have had the original legend with version 1.04 done all the updates except 1.13 no issues what so ever depth actually increased for me at version 1.09 and is the same at version 1.11. I will go ahead and update the Legend to version 1.13. I'm wondering if the loss of depth was due to a bad coil???
Well it must be 5 bad coils then because I experienced a severe loss of depth with all five of the coils I have, up until I installed 1.11 on my first two Legends they both worked fantastic, it was not until I installed 1.11 that I started having the issues I have and they are on going with my first two Legends, is all I can tell you the one that came from the factory with 1.11 runs circles around my other two Legends.

Well it must be 5 bad coils then because I experienced a severe loss of depth with all five of the coils I have, up until I installed 1.11 on my first two Legends they both worked fantastic, it was not until I installed 1.11 that I started having the issues I have and they are on going with my first two Legends, is all I can tell you the one that came from the factory with 1.11 runs circles around my other two Legends.
Dang that's crazy! I guess I got lucky to not have those kind of issues with the Legend I have when I done the updates. Did you send either of those Legends in to have them checked out?

Dang that's crazy! I guess I got lucky to not have those kind of issues with the Legend I have when I done the updates. Did you send either of those Legends in to have them checked out?
Well lets just put it like this
I contacted Nokta and Nokta's U.S repair person we were emailing back and forth, then all of a sudden Nokta and the repair person cut all communication with me on my issues, Nokta's repair person sent me a New version control pod, what I mean new version control pod is it came from the factory with the 1.11 version already installed in it, it has had no other versions in that control pod, is what I was told, they wanted me to do some comparisons between that new control pod and my two older control pods, which I told them I would do but shortly after that I went down with back issues, I tried to stay in contact with Nokta and Nokta's U.S repair person, I have sent several emails to Nokta and tried several phone calls to their U.S repair person my emails have gone unreplied to and my phone calls all ignored I have received no return call, I finally gave up, when I had 1.10 Beta Test Version 3 in my oldest Legend I could not have asked for a detector to perform any better than that particular Legend was performing, 1.10 Beta Test Version 3 was the pre cursor to 1.11 so when 1.11 was released to us I felt comfortable in installing the 1.11 version all I will say is nothing and I mean absolutely nothing was the same, My Legend went from hitting a 14 inch clad quarter down to not seeing a clad Quarter until the coil was with in an inch of that Quarter, something had severely changed in my Legend so I started the process of letting Nokta and Nokta's U.S repair person know what I was seeing, I stupidly installed 1.11 in my second Legend ended up with the same results, I do know for a fact it is not the 1.11 version that is the issue, what I actually believe is there is a severe compatibility issue with some of the older Legends to where they will not accept the update correctly

I have tried everything I know to try and even went out and purchased a new PC to try and correct the issues I am seeing, nothing has helped, tried reverting back to earlier versions 1.07 and 1.09 and the only thing that changes is I lose features but the performance remains the same, it is like it is stuck in 1.11 but says its on 1.09 or 1.07

I have been brow beat so bad on Facebook that I do not even want to discuss the Legend with anyone any longer

the only plus side is Nokta or nokta's U.S repair person sent me a new version control pod which works like what I was seeing in 1.10 Beta Test version 3, but here is the thing when are they going to want that new control pod back, I am fully prepared to send it back to them but then I will be out over $1500 instead of $750, because that is how I am looking at this whole mess

there are people out there that keeps telling me and others that have had issues that its user error, i am like what do you think I have had a freaking brain freeze and forgot how to set the Legend up give me a freaking break.

Last edited:
Here is the other thing Nokta and their fan boys want to keep telling people that there is only a few people having issues, I am telling you that is a bald faced Lie there is way more than just a few of us with older Legends that are having issues with our older legends, the Legend is starting to remind me of the Equinox 800 and 600 and the drowning issues and build quality issues that no one wanted to admit to

Those of us that have brought up the issues on Facebook or other places our post just mysteriously disappear from post and things like that, as of rite now me personally I will not be wasting any more time or money on a Nokta Product, I will wait for this new beast mode to come out install it and see what happens, my hopes are all the issues I have go away after I install that new beast mode, whether they do or not remains to be seen.

I have been thinking about purchasing the Rutus versa but am so gun shy rite now that I am afraid to pull the trigger on the versa, have already been burnt once actually twice and not really sure I want to risk $$$$ on another Multi Frequency Detector.

Here is the other thing Nokta and their fan boys want to keep telling people that there is only a few people having issues, I am telling you that is a bald faced Lie there is way more than just a few of us with older Legends that are having issues with our older legends, the Legend is starting to remind me of the Equinox 800 and 600 and the drowning issues and build quality issues that no one wanted to admit to

Those of us that have brought up the issues on Facebook or other places our post just mysteriously disappear from post and things like that, as of rite now me personally I will not be wasting any more time or money on a Nokta Product, I will wait for this new beast mode to come out install it and see what happens, my hopes are all the issues I have go away after I install that new beast mode, whether they do or not remains to be seen.

I have been thinking about purchasing the Rutus versa but am so gun shy rite now that I am afraid to pull the trigger on the versa, have already been burnt once actually twice and not really sure I want to risk $$$$ on another Multi Frequency Detector.
What is this Beast Mode ??