Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cops Called on me yesterday :rant:

millejn3

Well Nicholas and I went to my best friends house to do a little hunting yesterday. Nicholas, 10 years old and not knowing, went over the property line onto the neighbors by about 10 feet.It was not marked so he had no idea. Now you have to know this property owner to really understand. She has lived in town all her life and I have known her equally as long and she knows me. Her entire family, Mother,Father, and brother has been in jail or done hard time for drug related issues. Her daughters have been suspended from school to many times to count for fighting and other stuff. I saw her approach Nicholas to let him know that he was a little to close and he stopped right away and headed back the other way. She never did approach me about the situation so I went about my hunting and figured it would be a VERY good lesson for my 10 year old son.
After a few wheat's we began hunting the city side of the sidewalk with her sitting on her front porch watching use like a hawk. We worked our way to the front of her house, city side of course, and then past, pulling several wheat's. It wasn't long and the local city officer (Mark, also a friend of mine :razz: ) showed up in her drive way. We continued hunting and a few minutes later the officer came walking down sidewalk to us. Apparently she thought beings she mows to the road that she owns the other side of the sidewalk as well. She was informed other wise and that I had every right to hunt any part of city property.
The thing that bothers me the most is that she approached a 10 year old little boy but wouldn't say anything to me. (Probably a good thing!!) After Mark left we hunted a little farther down the sidewalk and then turned around. As we got closer to the front of her house she left the porch and went inside staring out the window at us. I made sure that I hunt the city property in front of her house very well and spent a few extra minutes. :poke:
On a good note Nicholas and I did manage to rescue 15 wheat's yesterday and a little over $2.00 in clad.

Good for you Jeff. I can't believe she went up to Nicholas and NOT you. If I were you, I would keep going back there because you never know when you might find something else there. Even if it's for 5 minutes at a time. :devil: Congrats on the wheats and clad. Way to go to you both!!!! HH, Nancy

:clapping:

Thanks for the story Jeff.

UPDATE!!!

I just got informed thru the grape vine that she is going to go to the city and refuse to mow the city side of the walk if I continue to MD there! I see a nice big fat fine for he her in the near future for not mowing!!!:biggrin:
If she would have come over and politely asked me not to I would have moved on and respected her wishes but I have no respect for someone like her! This is the first time in 2 years of sidewalk hunting in my own town that I have had any grief.... Usually people will come out just to see if I found anything good and tell me I'm welcome to hunt their yard if I want.

There was some flowers planted around a tree on the city side in front of her house... I'm pretty sure I heard a faint REALLY deep target right in the middle of them that I need to go back and check... :rofl: :detecting:

I know I shouldn't be that way but this girl is about 7 years younger than me and I know who she is and where she came from and believe me she is no pillar of the community!!!

You know, people like that have nothing better to do than to gripe about this and that. I feel sorry for the poor woman in a way. Well, just a little bit. :biggrin: She's can't be happy with all that's been going on with her family and herself.

You know, if I were you, I would HAVE to go check that "faint deep target". You never know........You might find the city's golden key.

Be careful, she might get the family after you. It's really sad to hear of people like that. No matter what, they can't be happy in life.

Thanks for the interesting story Jeff. We're behind you. HEY, that gave me an idea.......................WE could have our next PATH hunt there. :rofl:

Jeff, I think you should go back and check out the signal. Then, Have a bulldozer pull up about the same time. I bet that would get her attention. :poke:

:rofl: Oh Robbie. :cheers:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Nancy....I love your way of thinking!!!!!! Next PATH hunt I hoast will be 3 blocks from my house!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

If you need bail money, just call Larry.

That sounds like a great place for a club hunt. Make sure she is watching next time you hunt, have a gold piece in your hand, do the happy dance, and wave it in the air. Bet you'll see steam come out her ears.

OOPS! I just posted on Daryl's page. Got on his computer and didn't pay attention to who is signed in. Oh well!

Yeah Star, That sounds like something you would come up with. LOVE it! :biggrin: