Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Counter balance

What we have is the continuing problem of detector companies failing to do ergonomic research. Plain and simple. Or maybe pain and simple.

Some mention keeping the coil closer to your feet. Let me tell you that you then shorten your swings considerably and lessen the chances of finds mathematically. Especially on a wide open beach.

A counter balance works. It allows me to lengthen my swings. Hunt longer, and hunt more days in a row. Without pain! You can not argue with that.

MOST machines with at least a 11" coil is going to be nose heavy...... plain and simple especially if you like a LOT of lower rod extension. First thing i did was put a counter weight on my...... something i learned from using the Xcal so long. Weight to me doesnt matter nearly as much as balance. Like someone mentioned....... the CTX i never had an issue with the weight.