Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Couple ILL. Mazon creek fossils

Great finds Steve. I think the one on the left is a fern, what is the other one?

The one on the left looks like a type of Pecopteris and the one on the right is an Annularia. When I was a teenager (a long time ago) a couple buddies and I spent many weekends collecting Mazon Creek fossils from Pit 11 near Braidwood.

Last time I went to braidwood i came back with 3 ferns and a scallop fossil. I'd like to go back up there this spring and give it another go.

How about organising a club fossil hunt in the spring?

I spent quite a few weekends out in Braidwood / Coal City with my dad back when I was young. Lots of good memories and what fun it was to crack 'em open and see what you found! There was a big sportsmens club out there that he joined so we could collect on their land. I remember hauling burlap sacks of them home. He had a hobby shop in Oak Park (West Suburban Stamp & Coin) and he sold them along with mounted butterflies, giant beetles, military, political, paper items... you name it. Thanks for the trip down memory lane and sorry for digressing. :cheers:

Nice! I always want to find Tully Monster! Seem to be harder and harder to find in state park. So many rocks already open out there!