Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Couple of questions

lomoch

Been a long while since I paid attention. I recall one firmware upgrade a long while back. How many have been published and is there a way to see what version is currently loaded on the machine. I looked on ML's site and cannot be sure...so wanted to ask.

Also, if I was to run reset all, would this wipe out any firmware upgrades as well? Didn't want to have to reinstall firmware if reset all does this.

Has any hardware changes been made to this guy over the years since it was introduced? If so, explanation of those changes and how to determine if your machine is which version...if not obvious.

Thanks for the help!

As far as I know if you have the saltwater enable option (in Beach Mode) you're good.
[url=http://https://www.minelab.com/treasure-talk/ctx-3030-seawater-setting
I read that there was recently a new firmware level that enabled Chinese language support but that's it.
A hard reset should keep the firmware level you last set. It would clear all your manually settable parameters that keep after a power cycle back to original defaults. The only time I tried it was when my GPS wouldn't lock. It didn't help and I had to return the unit to Minelab for repair.

Thanks! I created a custom mode via exchange a long while back. Will user created modes be wiped? I assume so.