Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Couple of silver

denny

Searched some new ground this afternoon and scored 2 barber dimes a 1892-s 11-39 and 1900-p 12-41. Both at 7 inches deep. 26 old silvers this month from grassy areas and still no Rosie's or silver after 1930.

11-39 and 12-41? Have to reconsider my numbers and the depth since those numbers when shallow are bottle tops or junk

Very Exciting Finds and Major Congrats:thumbup:

That's awesome..:yikes: I'm very new to the ctx. Has this place been pounded with other detectors previously? Is it a trashy area where with other detectors, they were masked by trash being that deep?

Great finds and obviously a great area to work. I too get a lot of dimes, pennies, and even a quarter now and then in that range. Recently dug a worn Merc at 11-39 at about 4 inches. Where I dig here in the Houston area, demolitions, the overwhelming majority of older pennies, those that have been in the ground a few years and are cruddy, will come in at 10-12 and 36-43, and the Memorials that are really chopped up from fertilizer come in even lower. I also find the depth seems, couldn't prove it probably, to lower the numbers. There a lot of pine trees here and the soil is very acid and with the fertilizer added that may be why the memorials corrode so badly.

Anyway, if you need some help clearing that area Denny, I would bet there are a lot of folks here that would be glad to assist! lol

That is a sweet spot for sure Denny - hard to come by places like that! The '92 is in pretty good shape - soooo close to seated.

WildOutdoorAddict said:
That's awesome..:yikes: I'm very new to the ctx. Has this place been pounded with other detectors previously? Is it a trashy area where with other detectors, they were masked by trash being that deep?

This site has been hunted for years by all major brands I'm sure. All modern silver have been snatched up years ago only deepies left. Not too much trash in this grassy area.
Don't know why others have missed them with their machine targets were 7 inches deep. Probably on edge.

HH