Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX 11" coil getting better?

Crusty

I've been reading a few comments here and there so it has got me to thinking.
This question is for the people who for whatever reason have had their first run CTX standard 11" coil replaced by Minelab for a coil that would have been manufactured at a later date.

Has anyone found from personal experience that their replacement CTX coil of later manufacture is noticeably better than the original coil that came with their CTX back in May of June?

Dave

I hope so since mine was defective and waiting for my ctx to return to me. This is a good question and hope someone here answers it for you.

Hope so too, mine is most likely headed back tomorrow....

My first one was a bit quirky, then quit totally, so I cant honestly say the new one would have been better, deeper or more sensitive, but the new one is excellent!

Turns out according to Minelab America there is no difference between the first run CTX coils and the present ones being manufactured. Like any manufactured coil from any company there will be the odd bad one and the odd one that seems hotter than the others.

Dave

I will provide you with my assessment when I get mine back from Minelab...... At first I was very put out with such an expensive machine not working properly, but things happen and all you can ask is that they are taken care of. Minelab has been very stand up about it, paid return shipping charges and said it would be between 10 - 15 days. Bart at Big Boys Hobbies was outstanding with his support/help/trouble shooting. Yep, chit breaks down, its what the suppliers do when things break that matters and so far, I can't say a bad word about them.

SE-5 said:
Bart at Big Boys Hobbies was outstanding with his support/help/trouble shooting.

Thanks for the Kudos... That is what I am here for.

Sucks your having trouble but they will get it fixed for you. I know those guys up there personally. Great bunch!

I see these types of post all the time, same was said with the etrac, its the same coil people lol, minelab doesnt keep a better coil in their back pocket to release a few months after initial launch lmafo

Digging w gus said:
I see these types of post all the time, same was said with the etrac, its the same coil people lol, minelab doesnt keep a better coil in their back pocket to release a few months after initial launch lmafo

You missed the point......no one thinks that. The question and point was if the first batch of CTX coils were not as good (hot) as later ones off the same manufacturering line. Wouldn't be the first time that has happened in the past by several companies. Doesn't matter here thought because Minelab has said all the 11" coils are the same as far a quality goes.....so I'm happy.

Dave