Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX-3030 coil repair?

bklein

I bought a 11” CTX coil that has an intermittent at the cable connection to the coil. Anyone ever repaired this problem and have any tips? Can I somehow save the stress relief or just start by slitting it lengthwise and fining the culprit wire.

I just repaired my 17” coil with the same issue. I was able to isolate the problem area by having the machine on and manipulating the cable til it acted up. I did exactly as you said, just make a slit CAREFULLY where you think the problem is and track down the cracked wire. Do it when you have a lot of time and nobody around….NO distractions. It’s easy to get in a hurry and that’s no good.

I think mine is under or below the stress relief. So do I slit it lengthwise or do I cut around the base? Will it slide up or is it glued to the cable? What to seal it all up with after I fix it? Needs to be waterproof. Sugru maybe?

That’s different than mine, mine was about 4-5” away from the strain relief where it turns the corner up the shaft. Sorry I can’t say on that one…

Once you've repaired the wire you can apply this over the fixed area, it is a type of heat shrink that is lined with a adhesive, it gives a waterproof seal and also strengthens the area. It also shrinks 4 times it's original size so you can buy a size big enough to slide up over the coil connector and curls and shrink it down on the wire near the coil with no issues.

https://www.te.com/usa-en/products/heat-shrink-tubing/dual-wall-tubing.html?tab=pgp-story

Any updates, bklein? I have a dead 11" that I have been working up the courage to surgerize for the past 3 years. Haven't been too concerned because I have another 11", but it is sitting there taking up space.