Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX 3030 external speaker

cahil_2

My external speaker sounds when I have my headphones pluged in without the wireless module. Is this normal? Never noticed it before because I of course had the headphones on. How do I keep it from doing this?

It is normal if your headphones are not CTX compatible. There are many ways to fix the problem, most of them are in the Resource Center but what I do takes about 5 minutes, maybe 10 if it is your first time. I use the non-CTX compatible SunRay Golds.

Open the headphone adaptor with a T-10 screwdriver and you will see 3 small wires between the headphone jack and the CTX plug. Take a small wire and finger wrap each end of it on the two outside wire posts on the headphone jack and the fix is done. You can solder if you want but I don't. You don't do anything to the center wire. That will shut off the internal speaker when the headphone adaptor is plugged into the CTX. If you want the external speaker to work you have to remove the headphone adaptor.

Other options is to buy CTX compatible headphones, use the factory CTX Koss or make/ buy a pigtail adaptor that does the same thing.