Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX 3030 Mechanical Design Improvements

dougj7

looks like Minelab redesigned the battery seal.. no software updates though.

http://www.minelab.com/usa/customer-care/product-notices?article=269893

Called KellyCo and the Minelab Repair Tech Didnt even know yet and was going to get on the phone and speak with Minelab directly
to see what the upgrade would cost

CTX #2 arrived a couple weeks ago, old seal. I fear what they are going to charge to upgrade our detectors.

But THANK YOU for letting us know!

There is a YouTube video about making the CTX more waterproof. It actually recommends a much better O-Ring that even causes the snaps to seal securely. If mine is the old one I may just go that route and not worry about it.

From the looks of t]he photo of the upgraded CTX the Rail that the Arm Cuff slides on has Notches
in it for the new Push Buttom locking system. That means New Outer Housing and that sounds cashy!

Bishop2012 said:
There is a YouTube video about making the CTX more waterproof. It actually recommends a much better O-Ring that even causes the snaps to seal securely. If mine is the old one I may just go that route and not worry about it.

I think the new Mod still has the old Oring but now has a Sand Seal on the Battery pack to keep the sand away from the
internal Oring

duggr said:
Bishop2012 said:

I think the new Mod still has the old Oring but now has a Sand Seal on the Battery pack to keep the sand away from the
internal Oring

The only way to keep sand off the inner o-ring would be to have a rubber gasket on the outside to form a primary seal.

"The battery now has a sand seal fitted that minimises the ingress of sand that could potentially comprise the internal ‘o’-ring waterproofing rubber seal."

You would think a multi million dollar company would have a proof reader who knew how to spell "compromise."

Nice to see that Minelab finally acknowledges the original seal was inadequate. The right thing would be to have a recall...though not much chance of that ever happening.
I guess I'll just order some heavier o rings

gabbyhayes said:
Nice to see that Minelab finally acknowledges the original seal was inadequate. The right thing would be to have a recall...though not much chance of that ever happening.

Here are the O ring sizes recommended in the diver video:
NBR 70 80x2
NBR 70 79x2

Hope that helps

dougj7 said:
looks like Minelab redesigned the battery seal.. no software updates though.

http://www.minelab.com/usa/customer-care/product-notices?article=269893
Interesting Doug. Thanks for the update..

duggr said:
Called KellyCo and the Minelab Repair Tech Didnt even know yet and was going to get on the phone and speak with Minelab directly

The Tech knew, he has known for months, but no prices have been released.....

sounds like they are just trying to combat people repacking their own battery packs (they are not making money on the yearly battery replacement needed with those cheap cells) and has nothing to do with a seal we already worked that one out a long time ago, how bout some real software up dates minelab.

AJ

Do you guys think it would be worth exchanging my unopened CTX to get these upgrades? I haven't used it to know if this is a major deal or just some tweaks that in the long run are insignificant.

Bishop2012 said:
gabbyhayes said:

Here are the O ring sizes recommended in the diver video:
NBR 70 80x2
NBR 70 79x2

Hope that helps

Thanx for the info

Bishop2012 said:
Do you guys think it would be worth exchanging my unopened CTX to get these upgrades? I haven't used it to know if this is a major deal or just some tweaks that in the long run are insignificant.

That's an impossible question to answer since body has seen them yet. It's also unclear how long until the new versions are out for delivery. They certainly aren't going to just scrap the ones sitting on the shelf today.

treasure_hunter said:
duggr said:

The Tech knew, he has known for months, but no prices have been released.....

Since you know them so well, I would say that statement is VERY DISTURBING! Why would the repair tech, who has known about this for months, lie to a customer? It's not hard to say they don't have pricing for parts, or what ever the reason is. Dishonesty is never acceptable!