Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX 3030 Mechanical Design Improvements

Heres a pic of the new updated version of O-ring. It appears to be the same kind as many of us have bought on our own. So.....after all......it looks like ML decided this new thicker O-ring was the way to solve the potential leaking problem that many have experienced and that we suggested that they do something about.:clapping: I do not know what they have done about the Usb port. More on that later.

I would also like to suggest that you use Molykote 111 or similar silicone lubricate on any O-rings. It seals up better and easier to remove and replace the O-ring with the use of it.

Thanks Sanderling for the pic

You are welcome James. Now that we figured out how to make this "waterproof" machine actually waterproof I am looking forward to getting out there and learning the CTX. I really appreciated your input as I was pretty bummed learning that the headphone module WAS NOT waterproof and not having waterproof headphones, just the 1/4" jack ones that were sent along with the unit. If anyone else has the same problem that I had I can tell you how to fix it as long as you have the WM10 wireless module or if you just want to use the speaker on the CTX. Gotta agree with Ronnie's ( rl48off) 1/12/2016 posts.

rluka said:
Does anyone know if the screen has been fixed.....mine still has the rainbow effect (even with the screen protector on)
I really like the CTX3030 but have to admit that Im feeling a bit "RIPPED OFF" if this has also been fixed
RL

Did you take the original screen protector film off, it will cause rainbow affect. My 3030 has no rainbow effect. I removed the original film and installed a Samsung screen protector...

Hello Mike,
I also have been having trouble using my new CTX3030 with my good quality Polarised Sun Glasses . Using my reading glasses there is not a problem , Having realised the plastic screen saver was still on I removed it and there is no difference . Looks like I will have to purchase a pair of Non Polarised Sun Glasses when I use my new CTX3030.

Regards Ken Grinter
Barwon Heads Vic
Australia

Electriken said:
Hello Mike,
I also have been having trouble using my new CTX3030 with my good quality Polarised Sun Glasses . Using my reading glasses there is not a problem , Having realised the plastic screen saver was still on I removed it and there is no difference . Looks like I will have to purchase a pair of Non Polarised Sun Glasses when I use my new CTX3030.

Regards Ken Grinter
Barwon Heads Vic
Australia

Ken,
Yep, clear plastic can be a funny thing. Looks perfectly clear until you put on those polarized glasses.
I still remember how amazed I was when I first tried out a pair of polarized sunglasses, and could see all those interference patterns in auto glass and windows.

Works great for seeing into water, though!
:)
mike

The CTX screen is polarized, so with or with that plastic film there will be an interference pattern when using polarized glasses. I had forgotten about that. I was using polar sunglasses when I first got my CTX and I had to switch sunglasses, or not wear them.

Interesting thread and I see I'm getting into it a little late.

I have an older 3030 model 2013 vintage. I have always applied a thin layer of silicon grease to the thin edge of the battery prior to attaching to the machine. Not a lot just enough for insurance. I also add electrical tape to the top and bottom edges of the battery seal. The tape trick was mentioned on this forum a while ago I think. It serves two purposes. It keeps sand out of the groove (mostly) and it provides a barrier to water in the broader areas of the seal. The tape wont work near the clamps but the pressure is greatest there. Any way this has worked for me in shallow water that is unit only submerged a foot maybe two. I also pull and clean the O ring fairly regularly.

Kind of a pain for a unit that is supposed to be water proof to 10'.

Is the new "O" ring completely round or does it have that 90 degree angle at the top corners. I have been tempted to try some other thicker "O" rings but have not done so due to that angle and wasn't sure how a standard O ring without it would round the corner. I think that corner area is the source of the leaks.

HH

Hey guys,

where did you guys purchase your machines? Bumped into another guy on another forum who returned his CTX to KellyCo within their 30-day no hassle return policy for the updated model. I'm thinking you will have no issues if ship it back completely unused. If they will not exchange, I would simply return for a full refund and head to another site that has the updated model. I wish I had went to bigboy due to the improved included accessories. I shipped mine back to KellyCo yesterday and the new one should be enroute directly. I'll update upon the arrival. To return to KellyCo, call and ask to talk to Chris to obtain a RMA number to mark on the outside of the box. I'm out shipping, but I'll be happy to have the latest and greatest.

JB

You need to go/call an authorized Minelab dealer and let them know you need the new battery. I called Minelab USA today and she took my name, address, email, and phone number to send me a new one (free of charge) when they arrive in the states in late March. Kellyco also knows about this also. I think its a great deal for all of us that bought recently. Good luck.

Nickpatriots, did you ever received your new battery? I called and they told me the same thing. I'm still waiting.

Just recieved my free improved battery kit today. Three packages, one is a new Li-ion battery, another is a new battery case for the disposible batteries, and the last is a gasket kit.

I bought my CTX in June 2016 and today is Sept 11 2016, my USB port leaked. It is a bad design and needs to be fixed and do a recall or make a plug for the inside. Imagine it does not hold up to 5 feet deep water. The pits, really the pits. I'm driving to kellyco tomorrow to take it for repairs.