Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ctx 3030 out of warranty ?

After the 3 year warranty is done if the ctx needs repairs and i have to pay out of pocket do you get a new warranty after the repair if so how long

I wouldn't think so. They would probably warranty the part(s) they repaired but that is it.

But for how long is the question i think it would be insane to get lets say a 60 day warranty on a 500 hundred dollar or more repair job on the ctx 3030 some people are stating ridicules repair prices on the ctx 3030 and other minelabs for that mater
We all have to make that choice to sell or keep the ctx 3030 because if it costs half the price of what we paid for it to get repairs done who would pay that

firefighter254 said:
But for how long is the question i think it would be insane to get lets say a 60 day warranty on a 500 hundred dollar or more repair job on the ctx 3030 some people are stating ridicules repair prices on the ctx 3030 and other minelabs for that mater
We all have to make that choice to sell or keep the ctx 3030 because if it costs half the price of what we paid for it to get repairs done who would pay that

I would say a couple months warranty is about right on a repair of an electronic device that is three years old... Like Nolan said call them and let us know what they say, unless someone out there has recent experience with this and can offer more information. I did a really quick check on the web and didn't find anything about terms.

What are three year old CTX's going to be going for anyhow, considering most of us probably paid around 2K for them originally

Only one company has lifetime warranty. Only one. That is if you are the original owner. By all means do not buy anything if you think it will tear up. Minelab will fix whatever is their fault I would think. First Texas, White's, Garrett all have the same criteria as far as out of warranty work. I have used Minelab, Garrett and First Texas with out of warranty problems and have been very pleased with the results. Detector Pro is another that has been very good about solving problems out of warranty. I have not had but a few problems in 30 years with any one company that has not been more than fair. Thanks to them I keep buying. Minelab does have a transferable warranty. Customer Service has been good to me from all of them. HH :minelab::fisher::teknetics::whites::clapping:

Thanks firefighter..seems very reasonable to me..