Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX 3030 screen replacement

Had a few vertical lines in my display. Bought an aftermarket replacement and put it in.
Everything worked OK except the backlight. Not sure if its a ribbon cable issue where I did not get one seated properly or a problem with the new replacement screen.
Will take it apart again and re-check them.
Anyone have any experience making this repair or suggestions?
Thanks!

Had a few vertical lines in my display. Bought an aftermarket replacement and put it in.
Everything worked OK except the backlight. Not sure if its a ribbon cable issue where I did not get one seated properly or a problem with the new replacement screen.
Thanks!
Rattlehead did his Jeff, isn’t he around you? He has a video of it if you haven’t seen it.

I watched this before I attempted it this. It was helpful but did not address my issue.
Am hoping re-seating the ribbon cables will take care of the issue and it is not a problem with the replacement screen.

I purchased a CTX with the same issue. The backlight looks thin and I’m thinking it is an EL panel - I was expecting an LED type. I see now they have small inverter drivers so it may be EL. Need high voltage to test it. I put some info on Geotech, you might want to check it. I haven’t found anyone yet that knows what type it is for sure. I have a driver somewhere and will try to find it and test it. Mine has a torn front panel flex circuit. Have to get a replacement.

I found an EL driver board in my junk stash. I tried it on my backlight and it did not light. So I don't know yet what the heck it is - LED or EL panel.

Thanks!
Do you know if there's a replacement screen for the old Explorer XS ?
And who would have it ?

I found an EL driver board in my junk stash. I tried it on my backlight and it did not light. So I don't know yet what the heck it is - LED or EL panel.
I took it apart and see it is an led backlight. Test with 20v and 220 ohm resistor.

I just purchased a CTX 3030 , can I expect my screen to eventually fail? What tends to cause them to fail? How long do they last?

I'll answer a few of these replies here.
When I replaced the screen, looks like I managed to tear the ribbon cable from the controller to the face plate.
Checked with Minelab for one. ~$135 but they will not sell you electronic parts that need to be replaced, have to send it in for repairs through them.
Have gotten it back and the aftermarket screen works great now with the new touch panel.

Think these screens can be problematic over time. Mine started getting some small vertical lines at ~5 years and got worst about a year later.

Sorry, don't know of one for the XS. Try some Minelab Explorer forums?