Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX and sunlight

kellogg

I have not had this machine terribly long, but it has 1 thing that annoys me, Bright sunlight and it is impossible to even see the screen display.
Is there some trick I don't know? The machine performs great, but this bugs me.

My name is Steve and I'm from central Iowa for just a little introduction

kellogg said:
I have not had this machine terribly long, but it has 1 thing that annoys me, Bright sunlight and it is impossible to even see the screen display.
Is there some trick I don't know? The machine performs great, but this bugs me.

My name is Steve and I'm from central Iowa for just a little introduction

Steve , join the crowd.
It's really an annoying trait and unfortunately difficult to overcome and especially so when using target trace and features that require a good view of the screen.
I have made a visor out of flexible plastic that attaches with velcro around the control unit that helps on occasion but sometimes turning into the Sun is the only solution , or finding shade(lots of good targets there BTW:)). Best advice I can give you is stay away from polarized glasses and play with the contrast and backlight under the worst conditions until you come up with the best visibility you can find for your vision.:shrug:

P.S. I don't know if it's even available anymore but I had an extra zagq protector cover for an etrac , the wet application method , which I cut down and applied to the CTX and it helped with the visibility considerably. You might experiment with some others and if you find one that works , let us know.

Agreed. I invested in a pair of non-polarized prescription sunglasses specifically for beach hunting. It works quite well.

Steve, I assume that you have the backlighting on its hightest intensity even in daylight! It's not a complete fix but it does help somewhat!

Fellow Iowan (Iowa City)
Chuck

Hey Steve...if you rely strictly on numbers then I'm sure you know the numbers for ID can be made larger? The downside is that then it's hard to see where the cursors are and target trace....it is a bit annoying! I'll have to try a couple of the mentioned suggestions...

A little trick I read about polarized glasses and CTX. If you rotate you coil off 0 degrees before locking the shaft, you can see the screen with polarized glasses. Makes the screen canted to the left.

Yes ... the E-Trac's are impossible to read at certain times of day too - it's so bad, sometimes I've had to leave the site I was hunting !