Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX back in mothballs

ptdigger

It's depressing, the weather here in Maine was turning warm the snow was almost gone. I was even able to dig in a few spots in my yard. In other spots I tested, I could get about 3 inches of my digger into the ground before I hit frost. I thought I only had about a week before my Detecting buddy and I would be out detecting. Last year we went on our first detecting adventure on March 18th. Then today we get this Storm which is going to dump 1-2 feet of snow. Where is global warming when you need it? The first picture is from last week. The second picture is right now the beginning of the storm.

That storm is just hitting us now. I'm only half an hour east of Maine, so seeing your picture gives me an idea of what we are in for...and it SUCKS!

~ACE~ said:
That storm is just hitting us now. I'm only half an hour east of Maine, so seeing your picture gives me an idea of what we are in for...and it SUCKS!

You must be in Nova Scotia or New Brunswick Canada and yes it's coming your way.

We are having some bad weather here in WNY also

Cold and some snow but ground has softened and is still soft

SPRING IS TOMORROW

Good Luck and HH

HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SPRING! Here is a picture my drive this morning after I plowed. We got about a foot of snow and it is still snowing.

And its snowing again today here in West Mich. Forecast even a week out is still in the 20's and maybe low 30's. We have managed to find some open water streams and are hunting some sledding hills...really awful...last year we got a week of 80 degrees, all the trees budded, then back below freezing for a week in April and it wiped out the fruit crops around here. It might be a good coming up week for maple syrup though, if we get a week of above freezing during the day and below freezing at night.
Good thing theres some great finds coming in from the other peeps, but now its more frustrating than inspiring to read them than it was in Jan.
Mud

It was really tough here in Houston yesterday. Temp was about 68 when we started and got up to about 76, bright sun, light wind to keep the sweat down. :detecting:

Same here in SE WI. :sadwalk: Long range forecast indicates it will be like this for a few more weeks. The only good thing is, those targets in the ground will still be there when it warms up. :thumbup:

We are going to have flurries tonight and the next storm is going to be south of Maine. The extended forecast has no snow in it. The temp will be in the high 30's during the day and mid 20,s at night fo the next week. It wll be another 2-3 weeks minimum before I will get to do some detecting, unless I head to the coast and do the beaches.

I can sympathize with you. Take a road trip down to PA and dropkick that lying groundhog.

Checking in from the Detroit area - more cold and snow flurries this week - my front lawn is still hard as a rock - you'd bend a nail trying to get it into that ground. COME ON SPRING!!!