Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX back to Etrac ?

SWMO Mark

Has anyone used a Etrac switched to a CTX and then switched back to the Etrac ? If anyone has for what reason ? Thanks, Mark

I do it frequently because they both work exceptionally well. I like the coil selection of the etrac and the bin tone selection and display of the CTX. I don't feel handicapped when using either.

same ^^^^^ just a whole pile of coils for both explorer and etrac so why not have all 3 :biggrin: none of them are perfect and so maybe with all 3 I don't miss much but I know even then I missed something its just how it is.

AJ

Each has it's place. That being said the coil selection for the E-Trac is a plus but the CTX is very versatile and on the beach it is hard to beat. Although my go to beach machine is still my old Excall. HH:minelab:

I bought a CTX and went back to an Etrac for the following reasons:

- after using a CTX I realized I could have found every CTX find with my Etrac

- not being able to match the exact tones on the Etrac was driving me nuts.

- I had to sacrifice a lot of coil sizes that I already purchased

- I lost a lot of my nickel finding ability when I got the CTX and I realized it would take me a while to learn the subtleties of those tones again

the CTX was a good detector but I kept trying to justify that $2,500 and I couldn't do it.

floodplaindetector said:

- I lost a lot of my nickel finding ability when I got the CTX and I realized it would take me a while to learn the subtleties of those tones again

the CTX was a good detector but I kept trying to justify that $2,500 and I couldn't do it.
After seeing your impressive yearly results floodplaindetector, I'm with you !!!! The E-Trac is a great unit !

floodplaindetector said:

In addition to these very valid reasons, you can't get a Sun Ray probe for the CTX.

My feelings are without a doubt the CTX was the better detector. I sold mine to invest in another project. I ended up buying another E-Trac only because I got a really good deal. If I could find a good deal on another CTX I'd buy it. The CTX, in my experience, did get slightly better depth, but the main strength was the FE numbers finally were valuable. The Target ID was far more accurate on the CTX. I did like the tones of the E-Trac better. Although the Tone Bins were nice also. Oh, and it was far better balanced. I could swing the CTX all day.

When results like this can happen with the E-Trac in the hands of a detectorist ( floodplaindetector ) over 300 silvers in a year...... I will follow his road of choice !!! The E over the C ... http://www.findmall.com/file.php?91,file=284222

Anybody want to trade an E-trac for CTX3030 even swap?

nalc472 said:
Anybody want to trade an E-trac for CTX3030 even swap?

I'm game , whatchagot. How old? WM10 included?
Etrac is 4 years old and seen probably a thousand hours of use per year.

greenmeanie said:
ETRAC cant goto 10' of water thou.

Not a big deal . Neither can i :)

As for the question . I started out using the Explorer xs , 11 , SE , then the ET then tinkered about with the CTX then back to the ET ( still have) then back to the Explorer 11 and xs .

Depth is no different and with the amount of coils out there for the older detectors and i think the better tones , lower cost of buying and maintaining then older machines they win .
I sold my CTX long ago and wont buy another .
I dont need total water proof , a very good weather proof would be enough .
I dont need GPS , my eyes are enough oh and the brain cell .
I dont like the mega stupid menu and lack of paperback manual in the CTX.
I dont like the weight , wearing a arm strap , and 2 piece stem of the CTX .
And all those made the CTX lack something , i never found anything that the ET / Explorer wouldn't find and the capability didn't justify the cost .

I do like the Ground balance , clock , 2 target trace and the ability to assign tones to different sections of screen but even that wasn't enough to keep it .
Would like those on a new ET .
But make sure the new ET has ET tones .

The CTX has tones similar to the Explorer i think , not all bad but with the ET screen it made the CTX harder to figure out and just added to the issues .

The ET is easier all round and that clinched it for me.