Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX Battery Seating Problems

unearth

I have a question about the CTX battery. I just ordered and received a new battery for my CTX. But, the new battery has an additional rubber gasket attached to it so it doesn't fit (very well) into my original CTX battery charger. Has anybody else experienced this? If so, what, if anything, did you do about it? I'm having trouble charging the new battery because it doesn't seat into the charger correctly. Sometimes it won't charge at all. In the pics you should be able to see the difference between the two batteries. The pic with the two batteries, my original is on the left. Thanks in advance for any info concerning this matter.

Something looks goofy about the new one, like...crudely made. You got it from a reputable source?

unearth,
I've had a little trouble with the new ones, as well...perhaps not as bad as you're having, by the sounds of things.

I've noticed the new internal rubber piece surrounding the contacts, protrudes quite a bit and actually presses against the inside of both the detector and charger.
(It probably needs to...in order to help prevent any intruding water from getting to the contacts.)

What helps mine to seat better, is to press slightly toward that rubber piece while seating the pack.
(That helps compress the rubber, and improves the alignment.)

On the detector, for instance, that would be pressing slightly toward the bottom of the detector while applying pressure forward (toward the coil).
For charging, I hold my thumb against the front of the charger and squeeze toward me, while pressing the pack down.

If it helps any, the seating appears to improve over time.
:)
mike

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I got it from a reputable source, Big Boys Hobbies. I'll give some of trojdor suggestions a try. Thanks again.

unearth said:
Thanks for the replies. Yes, I got it from a reputable source, Big Boys Hobbies. I'll give some of trojdor suggestions a try. Thanks again.

Good deal. Looking at it more, I agree with the above that it’s simply a fatter oring and it’ll need to time to “seat in”. At least it won’t leak!:thumbup:

The battery and battery charger are the weak links of the CTX 3030 - they both SUCK. I have had 2 chargers and both would not charge the battery unless the battery was less than 50% charged. If 60% or more, that charger will charge and charge and charge, over 24 hrs, and the flashing green light keeps blinking and blinking but never fully charges. Sometimes, have to take the back-up alkaline pk in case the battery isn't charged enough for a long second hunt.