Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX Challenge To The Equinox

IDXMonster

To know if I need one,I have to see it out-do the CTX in turf. I am a turf hunter,so to make it appeal to me,this is the challenge....
You and your Equinox find more silver ITEMS than me in a single hunt...I give you 50 bucks.
The rules....

We hunt the same piece of property for agreed amount of time in one day.
Property in question to be agreed upon by both parties.
All signals to be cross checked and dug with contender watching.
Any size coil is allowable.
One winning hunt per person.
Results will be posted here.

If I find more than you,you owe me nothing. This is open to any and all takers who have an Equinox this spring. I am not interested in competing with any other machine. I want to know if I personally could benefit from owning an Equinox. This could be a great way to meet new people and exchange ideas to make it a learning experience all around. Money well spent for me if need be,and gas money for any takers/winners to make the trip.
I am in southern WI...FYI

Sounds like fun. Wish I had the kind of free time to take you up on it. Lately I barely have time just to pop out somewhere close for an hour.

I would of taken that challenge lol. You are too far away.

Get one of the moderators to float the idea of a Findmall detector challenge--CTX vs Equinox--in a variety of different conditions.

Contest rules and bets between contenders to be agreed on at the hunt site, whether it be beach, park, lake, etc..

If nothing else, the result might be both users gain better knowledge of their machines, and make a new friend at the same time.

Sounds like fun!

Only thing is, you are saying "this Spring," but I would personally expect it would take longer than just a couple of months for folks to become as "expert" in using the Equinox as you are with the CTX.

My GUESS is that if you are silver hunting a site where DEPTH is the main hindrance to recovering the remaining coins, the Equinox may not "win" that contest on most days. BUT, if MASKED BY IRON is the main hindrance to recovering the remaining coins, the Equinox -- in the hands of someone with as much time on the Equinox as you have on the CTX -- should be able to "win" that contest on most days. That's just speculation, of course, but that's what I am personally expecting from the Equinox.

I would love to take you up on the offer, but I would CERTAINLY, personally, need more time on the Equinox than just a couple of months, before I'd feel like I could give it a fair shake against you and the CTX! ;)

(Besides, if you were "winning," and I saw you pulling silver out of the ground while I struggled, I'd be too tempted to give up on the challenge and go pull the CTX out of my truck, and join in on the silver digging! LOL! )

An interesting challenge though, nonetheless, IDX!

Steve

I'll come visit you Kevin. We will have a lot of fun hunting and comparing. I'm not sure which macine will be better, but I will be swinging the E800. You have the advantage in experience and local knowledge, but I have never been able to turn away from a challenge. $50 won't quite cover the airfare, so why don't we just make the wager $1, which is as arbitrary as $50. My $1 bill will look good pinned to your wall.
Seriously... I'm in. Tim

I agree....... the big problem there is time on the machine...... and you really have to factor the persons skill in general. Your best competition to knowing how a machine does is you.

Dew

Steve,

Once you get acclimated to the EQ, come back up to my site and we will do the EQ vs the CTX challenge. You already know the site and what to expect from it. Mike will probably be swinging the EQ too, so it would be a really good "test" for the EQ. What do you think? Is the hunt on??? You pick the date.

Joe

greenmeanie said:
Well I hope you are cross checking targets and not a free for all hunt.

Absolutely,there has to be a learning aspect to it good or bad. I need to know if both machines hit it. The other operator needs to know too! A free for all would be pointless in my view also.

IDXMonster said:

Absolutely,there has to be a learning aspect to it good or bad. I need to know if both machines hit it. The other operator needs to know too! A free for all would be pointless in my view also.

Yes, a free-for-all hunt would bring it down to the level of luck. Assuming both were basically equal, whoever got over more good targets would "win" but wouldnt reveal anything about the detectors. What you want to do it the easy version of what I will do which is to rehunt the same spot over and over while just marking targets before finally digging.

PryorCreekJoe said:
Steve,

Once you get acclimated to the EQ, come back up to my site and we will do the EQ vs the CTX challenge. You already know the site and what to expect from it. Mike will probably be swinging the EQ too, so it would be a really good "test" for the EQ. What do you think? Is the hunt on??? You pick the date.

Joe

It's on, Joe -- problem is, I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get enough "acclimation" to the EQ, since I'm enjoying swinging the CTX so much. I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to master two machines, at once... :)

I guess it's a "good problem to have," though, eh? ;)

Steve

video video video this please LOL

Beyonder said:
video video video this please LOL

It will be on video to try to pass along any information that might be of use to someone. Regardless,I’m buying an Equinox to hunt gold. Just not immediately,unless it does “better” on silver.

Jason in Enid said:

Yes, a free-for-all hunt would bring it down to the level of luck. Assuming both were basically equal, whoever got over more good targets would "win" but wouldnt reveal anything about the detectors. What you want to do it the easy version of what I will do which is to rehunt the same spot over and over while just marking targets before finally digging.

Exactly. I want to avoid “luck” as much as possible. Target marking will have to be discreet in this situation so as to not alert the competitor to a hot spot. I’m also considering the targets that both machines hit on easily to be a “wash” regardless of who found them.

IDXMonster said:

Exactly. I want to avoid “luck” as much as possible. Target marking will have to be discreet in this situation so as to not alert the competitor to a hot spot. I’m also considering the targets that both machines hit on easily to be a “wash” regardless of who found them.

I was thinking of using colored golf tees. you could push them flush so they cant be seen until you are right over the top.

Jason in Enid said:

I was thinking of using colored golf tees. you could push them flush so they cant be seen until you are right over the top.

That would work as long as we are calling the other person over on every target,and one at a time. If I go through and find a bunch and mark them en masse,they might get lost using tees. How else could it be done while keeping track of WHERE they are AND keeping the secrecy of the find? With the CTX I can use Findpoints easily. Obviously it won’t work on the competitiors targets that THEY found...
We could hunt in close quarters,or we need another method to avoid having to walk across an entire football field to check a target...one at a time.
Suggestions on how to do this?

IDXMonster said:

Southern Wisconsin? That's like waaaaaaaay back East. Did I hear Road Trip?

Monte has get-togethers with detectorists out West. Usually an old ghost town, mining town or such. Calls them WTHO's; Welcome to Hunt Outings. IDX, you should find an interesting venue and send out an open invite to CTX and Equinox users. Call it the Showdown Weekend. :clapping:

Rich (Utah)

Rich (Utah) said:

Monte has get-togethers with detectorists out West. Usually an old ghost town, mining town or such. Calls them WTHO's; Welcome to Hunt Outings. IDX, you should find an interesting venue and send out an open invite to CTX and Equinox users. Call it the Showdown Weekend. :clapping:

Rich (Utah)

The CT-NOX showdown

Ksdirt said:

Rich (Utah)

The CT-NOX showdown
Southern Wisconsin :wacko:
You could do it this weekend and call it SNOW down Weekend :clapping: