Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX FINDS IN AND AROUND RUSTY NAILS

destructo

I was hunting at a baseball field been there for over 50 years and there are many nails, some silver mercs, rosies , barbers and wheat pennies. today on first base side had many hits that were good horizontal but at 90* most were not great. some could get a good hit. but i dug one silver rosie about 3 to 4 inches and had big 5 inch rusty straight nail directly under. coin still came in great. also dug several memorial 1c and wheats and clad dimes close to iron. either rusty nails or bolts. then i went to 3rd base side and all i found were nails for the good horizontal hits. i think ive found just 3 silver on 3rd base side and about 12 on the other side. ctx keeps pulling em out, even if it is just a stingy one per hunt.

on a side note how do you call the signal when it rings both directions horizontally? one way or two way? or is the two way hit when it hits horizontally too?

Kind of confusing and hard for me to describe. how do you desribe these? all i know is when it hits left to right and right to left , even if no good signal up and down i am digging that target. D

I dont know about anyone else but I always thought a 'two-way' hit was getting a good signal then move 90 degrees around then left right. Sort of making a + over the target. If I get them both ways I almost always will dig it. And many times I dig it if only one way as there are a lot of other factors. Tone, target display, size, etc.. Heck, maybe I am doing it wrong!

I am new to the CTX, but not to detecting. I took the 6" coil out yesterday for it's first hunt. I started out in manual 25. What I found out was that this setting was way too high. All the nails were ringing up as good signals. I ended up dropping back to auto plus three and the detector became much more stable.

I've dug so many silver dimes with nails on them with the CTX that it's become so common I rarely get excited anymore. This machine is spoiling me. I've dug more with it in 3 months than with my ETRAC in 6 months, and this is in the SAME spots I already pounded with the ETRAC! lol Well worth the investment. Go big or go home IMO. ;)

I dug an indian at a little over six inches that had a rusty nail fused to the coin.The coin was flat in the ground and the nail straight up and down,I still got the8-32 10-33 number but was iffy sound.Took video and was gonna post but went out a couple more times and left zi8 laying somewhere.Went back to look for camera with my detector and couldnt find.Should have took my etrac

I have found the CTX 3030 will always get a coin in trash in more than one direction. If it doesn't it is iron. Also look at your target screen. If it has spatters all over the screen it is iron. Mainly up and down splatters.... Good target next to or in with trash.

There are no short cuts to learning it. You have to dig all those signals to see for yourself. It WILL reward you in the long run!