Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX first Farm hunt....

li-mike

Hi Guys, I took the CTX for its first farm hunt. The corn was getting tall so there really wasn't much room to hunt, so I stuck to the tractor roads. I found a couple of old buttons and then to my surprise I dug up the nicest silver coin I have ever found, 1837 seated liberty half dime :yikes: I cant wait to bring the CTX back when the field is cleared and tilled

Beautiful Half dime......:yikes:

Nice WTG congrats.:twodetecting::minelab::thumbup:

Great find on the 1/2 dime. How deep was the dime and how did the CTX hit it. I know those things are small and have never found one. Sill hoping though!

Hi Guys, Thank you very much for the kind words.
It was around 8in deep and it hit hard. From what I remember it came up as 12/38. I thought I was digging another button.

Great seated half dime congrats

:minelab: CTX 3030
:minelab: Etrac
:whites: Whites m6
Pro pointer
Ulster County NY
Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/firefighter2542005

WOW! what a find, congrats and sounds like you have a great place to hunt after harvest.

HH - Randy

Thank you very much guys. Yeah, I couldn't believe it when I dug it out. To be honest, a friend of mine found a really nice reale there a couple of months ago. I really cant wait to see what the CTX is going to pull out of the farm when its cleared.

Very nice finds!.........Did you use the Findpoint so you can get back to within a few feet of the location of those finds, once the crops are out? However, you might be familiar enough with your location, to be able to return to the area of the finds..... But I have found for myself, over many years of field hunting, the memory sometimes isn't quite as good as one might think...Good Luck when you return to that site....HH

C&RHunter said:
Very nice finds!.........Did you use the Find point so you can get back to within a few feet of the location of those finds, once the crops are out? However, you might be familiar enough with your location, to be able to return to the area of the finds..... But I have found for myself, over many years of field hunting, the memory sometimes isn't quite as good as one might think...Good Luck when you return to that site....HH
Hi Guys, Thank you for the kind words. Yes, I did use the findpoints. I really haven't played with it much, but I did enable the GPS and use the find points.

Yes I did clean the half dime. I used warm water, baking soda and some foil. I know they say you shouldn't clean them but I really wanted to see the detail.