Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ctx is a water monster

Agree it just works great.
I have one too , only problem is i find it a heavy swinger. Found a mans gold ring last year amongst high levels of slaw. Bought Manticore Now , much more trash is left in the ground with manticore.
A more enjoyable detecting experience by far. Manticore In my opinion probably will be a classic in years to come just like explorer 2. Once second hand prices drop. MDTC on you tube.

Took the Ctx out to a few local lakes and a river found 4 real nice rings. Went to another hunted out area and found 1915 barber and a Franklin, I like this machine more every day.
I still think Minelab should of shrunk this machine down so it would of been lighter. But it seems they are done with it.

The CTX is a beast and it should be for the price. Dump the GPS and put the same package in a light weight model and it would be another winner.
I always said shrink it down, give it a better screen like manticore, a few more recovery speeds, and a option to run it a little hotter and that machine would hang with the new ones.

I have one too , only problem is i find it a heavy swinger. Found a mans gold ring last year amongst high levels of slaw. Bought Manticore Now , much more trash is left in the ground with manticore.
A more enjoyable detecting experience by far. Manticore In my opinion probably will be a classic in years to come just like explorer 2. Once second hand prices drop. MDTC on you tube.
I'm not to sold on the Manticore just yet and this is just my opinion I think it is a modern version of the Ctx3030 with modern technology's. 🤔 does that make it better hmmm not sure but I'm sure it isn't so heavy as the Ctx3030 (weight isn't a issue for me) and would I like too compare the two sure 😉 but I think there really wouldn't be much of a difference during a side by side test 😉

I'm not to sold on the Manticore just yet and this is just my opinion I think it is a modern version of the Ctx3030 with modern technology's. 🤔 does that make it better hmmm not sure but I'm sure it isn't so heavy as the Ctx3030 (weight isn't a issue for me) and would I like too compare the two sure 😉 but I think there really wouldn't be much of a difference during a side by side test 😉
The main problem for many was the ctx is heavy to swing.. The manticore is a refined ctx in many ways. I find the extra speed of the manticore a big benefit. Plus it's easy to put in a bag .CTX takes some beating though.
you can't carry a ctx far in a carry bag before your arms drop off.

I think 2024 is the year of a CTX replacement. Possibly with a unique coil winding design. Time will tell. I just hope it’s sooner than later! I do miss my ctx and always think about just getting another one but the hope that a newer version is on the way keeps me holding out.