Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX newbie

muggsc

One thing that I found out after my first trip to the park was that I definitely need a pin-pointer. I had the sun-ray mounted on the E-trac and never used anything with the Excalibur in the sand. What is everybody using? After going this far I might as well buy the best pointer available. I would appreciate any and all suggestions.
Thanks,
Cal

Garrett Pro Pointer or Minelab Pro-Find can't go wrong with either. I have both and have been using the Garrett lately. Both work great, minelab may be a little quicker through the batteries.

JMHO, HH Quack

I own both, but prefer the garrett. The profind is not as loud for my old ears and have to rely on vibration.

Because of the depth of the targets I like the UniProbe that is built into the headphones so it is a quick flip of the toggle switch to turn it on or off. I find it has more depth than any of the probes out there so if I am within 5-6 inches of my target I can get a signal.

I just moved from an E-trac and X-1 probe. I am using a Garrett right now.

PRO POINTER BY GARRETT MAN... THE PROFIND IS GOOD IVE USED THEM ALL I HAVE BOTH THAT I JUST TOLD YOU ABOUT BUT IVE USED SUNRAY AND PISTOL PROBE.. VIBRA PROBE IS BY FAR THE BEST IN THE WATER UNLESS YOU WATER PROOF YOUR PROPOINTER BUT YOU WILL VOID THE WARRANTY.. GET A PRO POINTER YOU WILL NOT REGRET THAT PURCHASE!!! ONCE YOU BUY IT LOOK UP SUPER TUNING IN THE FORUM