Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX out of warranty repair costs?

bklein

Could some of you share your out of warranty repair costs - you can pm me if you wish. Just sent mine in and wondering what I may be up against. Do they fix everything (cosmetics) or just the main fault. Whites always did an amazing job on my surf pi's so wondering how Minelab does on the CTX. Mine's got a lot of hours!

I would like to see some of these cost also. I’m sure they run from mild to wild depending on the repair.
I to have a CTX that’s either close or out of warantee, mine runs fine but ya never know when it may go south.
BT

I have two 3030's.....had the screens got out two times..first was under warranty ....Second ..I just used in water so no problem..can't see screen any way...So then one day the other one would not turn on.....so I took the back control part off of the bad screen one and put on the good screen one..so ..I had one good one....and sent in the one with line in screen and now bad back control part(the part the battery plugs into)..sent to Minelab..cost 700.00 dollars to fix...just the back control pod cost 400.00......ouch!!!

Holy moly that's like just swapping each subunit with a new one cost. Did you actually get new enclosures or did they replace the guts inside the old enclosures?
Mine just gets the USB connected fault but seems to be detecting regardless - can't see/change settings. Be nice to know which module is at fault at least. I suspect the CTX has two processors - one in each module and if I knew what it is in the display module I could fix the board. Looking forward to when faulty detectors are available cheap so I can figure this stuff out. Now though I just want it working as I'm stuck with a EQ800.
Btw, I did see replacement displays for sale on that auction site.

Barry,

I had a buddy who just sent in a 3030 (out of warranty) with a "coil not detected" message on it. They quoted $1000 to fix it. He ask about maybe a "used" part to fix it. They quoted $500 that way and a 90 day warranty. Pricey no matter what way you go.

Joe

Is the place we send the detector to a pre-existing detector shop that has done repairs or a new facility that is owned by Minelab?

Heard back from John at repair center and he is taking good care of me. Replacing some things inherently down level on Minelab's dime. The real issue was really the USB connector! (Which I pay for, as well as a knocked data interconnect cable) I'm happy! Should receive it back early next week. I need to read up on how best to keep water out of the USB port. He said he's never seen a bad coincell battery on these. Strange.

bklein said:
Is the place we send the detector to a pre-existing detector shop that has done repairs or a new facility that is owned by Minelab?

Not sure where the location is other than it is NOT Kellyco. I will ask my buddy the next time I talk to him.

Alum Bank PA
Appears to be Fort Bedford Detectors adjacent to it.
John said they are handling Equinox in Chicago but soon it will be PA.