Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX question

j piddle

Is the machine waterproof/rain proof with the standard headphone plug assembly in place.?

Thanks
Jpiddle

sure is not

I think I remember hearing that the factory headphone jack is waterproof even without any headphones or the adaptor attached to it. The cap that goes on it when not in use is called a dust cap to keep dirt out. So yes the CTX is waterproof with the standard headphone adaptor attached or detached. It is the adaptor that is not waterproof, although a fresh water dunking probably would not hurt it much if it was quickly dried afterwards.

Ronin said:
sure is not[/quote

Your correct....the standard module is not waterproof. You have to take the headphone module off and install the waterproof cap OR use waterproof headphones.

Although Minelab does not endorse getting the headphone jack wet, I'm pretty sure it is hermetically sealed and water can not get into the housing without the waterproof headphones attached or not using the plastic plug. A minelab video even said the plug is used to keep the plug clean, not to waterproof the detector.

I could be wrong though, but I would not be afraid to get the CTX wet with the standard headphone adaptor attached or without the plastic plug screwed in.

Although the CTX3030 is a waterproof detector, the headphone jack assembly is not waterproof. So if you are using "land" headphones with your CTX3030, you are not waterproofed. Neither is the wireless module. You must use the headphone socket protector (cap is located inside the headphone jack assembly) or use waterproof headphones, to make the CTX3030 waterproof. Watch this video for a complete explanation. http://www.minelab.com/usa/treasure-talk/ctx-3030-audio-options
HH Randy