Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX shutting down

I was diving today with my CTX and for the umteenth time it has inadvertently shut down, I have not done an upgrade since I bought it new when they were first released. Is there an update or any other suggestions that will cure this?

On the positive I did find four silvers including a war nickel, four buffalo's and a 1914 wheat penny today.

UWMM

Factory reset it.

if you bought it when they 1st come out then yes there is an update , do you have saltwater mode? it was part of the update so if you have that you probably have all the updates, I got mine they day of release if not the day before and the update was many months if not 6 after that.

AJ

Crank up the pc, bring up Exchange 2, bring up your CTX, and see if it has the 'update' red icon.

I have not done any updates since I bought it new when they were first released. Are you saying the update takes care of this issue? I do not have the Saltwater mode...

UWMM

Mark,

It sounds like you do not have the upgrade it is supposed to have "seawater" if it has it. I have to get mine done and see how it works next week.

Joe

sorry guys on my bad saltwater I said instead its seawater , so yes if you don't have the seawater check box it hasn't been updated .

AJ

MARK (LI) said:
I have "Beach" as a mode....is "Saltwater" supposed to be on that list also?

Just to eliminate any possible confusion, Seawater is a setting within a Mode. Once in the Mode....Edit area in the CTX, scroll down and the Seawater check box falls between Recovery Deep and the Target Separation selections.