Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX to the XP2

pulltabfelix

About a year ago sold my CTX to buy the XP2. Why? Too heavy for me since I am older and I hated the swing harness especially the Minelab swing harness. Got the Doc Swingy Thingy and it was much better but you still had to unhook it on kneeling and digging. At least I did.

Love the very light XP2 with the 9" coil. good menu systems, very fast so you can swing it very fast on lake beaches, totlots and volleyball courts. For deeper coins you have to turn down the reactivity (Reponse) and slow down some.

What I miss is the rock solid TID and especially the X&Y screen and target trace. The XP has a somewhat like XY screen, but not near as good as the CTX and no color.

Makes me wonder why modern metal detector manufacturers cannot duplicate what the CTX had in XY screen and target trace? Also I loved the setup up via the PC program Xchange2.

But the XP2 has lots of good stock programs and making new custom ones and storing them is quite simple with their clear menu system.

I am not sorry I switched to the XP2 because I can hunt for about as long as I desire now, but still miss come of the Great CTX features.

I wonder if Minelab has some type of patent on the features you mentioned?
I would bet that the crosshair thing on the CTX and Explorer's has some kind of patent. No one else has put that into there detectors only minelab. The dual numbers FOR F AND C are fantastic features too .I think Bruce Candy thought the idea up 22 years back. The manticore should have had the dual numbers too , that would have been icing on the cake.

We can hope for a New CTX version say FBS 3 with a much lighter package since batteries are a lot smaller for same power and the size of processors and tech have shrunk consideribly since the release of the CTX.