Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX3030 wall charger

tnvarmint

I have a CTX3030 and have somehow lost the wall charger for the battery charger base. I have searched all over to try and find a replacement one and have even reached out to minelabs as they do not have one listed on their website. I was wondering if anyone has had to replace theirs for whatever reason also and has a link to buy it. I was also curious to see if perhaps the etrac wall charger is compatible? They do have this one on the minelab website.

Mike...just a word of caution....and you’re going about it the right way by asking....these different charging systems can be quite specific as you know. I’d hate to see a fellow CTX user be dead in the water over a mistake! The wall charger may be the easiest part of the charging system to swap with another application as long as EVERYTHING is the same rating and contacts in the plug are identical. Sorry I’m of really no further information, just do it right brother!:)

Look for a usb charger capable of at least 2 amps. They are all over the place. You can even get one to upgrade your AC wall receptacle so no chance of losing it :)
Consider most cellphone or ipad chargers are fully capable.

IDXMonster said:
Mike...just a word of caution....and you’re going about it the right way by asking....these different charging systems can be quite specific as you know. I’d hate to see a fellow CTX user be dead in the water over a mistake! The wall charger may be the easiest part of the charging system to swap with another application as long as EVERYTHING is the same rating and contacts in the plug are identical. Sorry I’m of really no further information, just do it right brother!:)

Thanks for the heads up and I agree 100%. I am an electronics technician by trade so know all too well the cause and effects of mismatching polarity and amperage. Minelabs did get back to me. Unfortunately the only option they have for the CTX3030 is to by their complete kit that has the wall charger, USB cable, and vehicle charger. It won't break the bank at the roughly $45 price range that I have found them for but it's a bit more than the $10-$15 I was hoping to pick up a wall charger for. Once I get the new one and know the correct ratings on it, I might source some replacements through somewhere like Amazon or ebay or something just encase for future needs.

Oh for those interested and also looking the part number for the kit is 3011-0243

Oh I’m sorry, I was thinking a different detector.
You need a 12v 2A wall adapter. Search usb wall adapter usb and Wdc. I qualified the adapters for wdc’s external drives. They are good for this and what I use. The plug is the correct size. I see them on new egg website if you search “western digital power adapter.” Price is $13 plus $2.50 shipping but some say it ships from Switzerland(???)!
The WDC website lists several retailers that carry them.

Barry

ARRRRGGGGHHH.
I totally screwed up on this thread.
The power adapter is 18V 1.67A.
It has a green LED on the body, and is made by Franmar.
Really sorry if I misled anyone. A 12V adapter likely won't work here.