Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Curb strips are still producing the silver!!

Silverstreak

I havnt got to hunt since the 2nd week of January because the ground finally froze and I fractured my foot somehow. Anyways the weather is finally warming up and my foot is healed. Still hunting the curb strips in the old part of town and finding a bunch of clad and a lot of wheaties and a couple Merc’s. Need to hit these again with the 6” coil because they are super trashy! Thanks for looking and Hope everyone has a great detecting season!

Attachments

• 3EB1F392-535F-4642-9297-63B09B8A32C0.jpeg
    3EB1F392-535F-4642-9297-63B09B8A32C0.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 88
Its funny how home owners along the route think they own the strips. Had a problem with a butthead who called the police and when the officer arrived he had no clue and suggested I get a note from city if it was allowed. I had a talk with the Watch Commander who in turn educated the patrolman.
Anyways guys, I believe it prudent you get a copy of your city code that designates the curb strips as “Public Access Right of Way” and also a copy of the state code. Generally the home owner is responsible for maintenance of the grassy areas and sidewalks (mainly snow removal and clearing of shrubs/branches). But, the City has utility ROW from the center of the street from 20 to 40 feet both ways depending on street widths etc. Its worth looking into and carrying a copy.
Nice recoveries!!! They are there for those who venture playing close to the traffic!😂

Nice scores I actually hit a curb strip in my town I’ve been eyeing and hit a mercury dime right out of the car by the sidewalk as soon as I started then a Rosie and a couple wheats yesterday morning I was glad I stopped lol!
Mark

Glad to hear your foot healed up. You are making wonderful finds on curb strips. Keep up the great work 👍

I havnt got to hunt since the 2nd week of January because the ground finally froze and I fractured my foot somehow. Anyways the weather is finally warming up and my foot is healed. Still hunting the curb strips in the old part of town and finding a bunch of clad and a lot of wheaties and a couple Merc’s. Need to hit these again with the 6” coil because they are super trashy! Thanks for looking and Hope everyone has a great detecting season!
Always nice to see silver. Good for you.
I'd love to work curb strips in Cleveland.
Though getting shot isn't my idea of fun.
Cities are getting dangerous with all the politics on TV pushing it.

Its funny how home owners along the route think they own the strips. Had a problem with a butthead who called the police and when the officer arrived he had no clue and suggested I get a note from city if it was allowed. I had a talk with the Watch Commander who in turn educated the patrolman.
Anyways guys, I believe it prudent you get a copy of your city code that designates the curb strips as “Public Access Right of Way” and also a copy of the state code. Generally the home owner is responsible for maintenance of the grassy areas and sidewalks (mainly snow removal and clearing of shrubs/branches). But, the City has utility ROW from the center of the street from 20 to 40 feet both ways depending on street widths etc. Its worth looking into and carrying a copy.
Nice recoveries!!! They are there for those who venture playing close to the traffic!😂
The best thing to do is not argue with a homeowner about it. Just say you are sorry and thought it was permitted.
I go a bit farther and try to spark an interest by explaining my hobby and showing what I am finding.
This has lead to permission to hunt yards in the past.
I always offer any jewelry found on private property to the owner as it might be a relative that lost it.
Those old house yards are prime un-hunted property and can yield some dang nice coins if you can get permission.