Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

D2 coil VS 950 V rated coil..... V3i Whites machine

Elton

What is the difference in the two. Which would be better for coin shooting ??

I like DD coils in my soil, but my friend loved her 9.5 and she did super. In mild ground the concentric 9.5 is a great coil but as the ground get worse the DD gets better. There is no best coil, it's what's best for you.

Concentric loops like the 5.3 have the following advantages:
Can get good targets under bad targets because of their cone shaped field
They are 10% quieter regarding magnetic interference from power lines
They have 10% better trash discrimination on iron - steel bottle caps and foil
They can shape the target without walking around it
They pin point accurately

Wide Scan Loops (DD) like the 6x10 have the following advantages:
They have better side by side target separation.
They are more sensitive to smaller than coin size targets.
They are more sensitive off the tip area of the coil.
They smooth out the ground reactivity noise by 10%.

Aftermarket loops not specifically made for V3 will struggle a bit, especially at 22.5 kHz, both with gain setting and with VDI accuracy. Even so, I've found the aftermarket loops I've tried -- Bigfoot, SEF, and Sunray -- to be very usable.
- Carl

The 10DD coil has better ground coverage than the 950. When searching a large area deeper targets may be missed with the 950. You have a full 10 inches of coverage (or close too) with the 10DD at it's maximum depth. When searching (for deep targets) with 950 you are searching with a much smaller conical field and are apt to miss deep targets.

Ray

I agree with you Ray, the DD/SEF has much better coverage at depth than a concentric, but the concentric will often have better depth except in the most mineralized ground. It is all a matter of trade offs Elton.

n/t

Buy a 950, maybe........ trade your D2 for it, I wouldn't.

Thanks for the good advice. I will buy one for it

Please excuse my ignorance ... Is this "White's 9.5 Eclipse 950 Search Coil 3 - 22.5 kHz Concentric for the V3I that you are referring to?

I prefer the 10" DD for many reasons mentioned above. Depth wise in my soil and test plot the D2 wins. . The 950 is better balanced / weight. I may offer up my 950 for sale.

georgemohr said:
Please excuse my ignorance ... Is this "White's 9.5 Eclipse 950 Search Coil 3 - 22.5 kHz Concentric for the V3I that you are referring to?

Yes, this is the V3i forum and Elton was talking about a new coil for his V3i and was considering the 9.5 V rated coil at that time. This thread is 5 years old.