Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dear Minelab

GaryB

You charge $1099 for a Nox 900 and don’t include a hard copy of the owner’s manual? Shame on you!

Last edited:
Download one FREE, print out the pages you want and save a tree.

Download one FREE, print out the pages you want and save a tree.
I have downloaded one. At $1099 retail it’s not asking a lot for a proper owner’s manual. It’s not like they’ve never included one before, I still have the one that came with my XTerra.
BTW, I live on 118 acres of forest land that I have protected from logging by putting it on green belt status so I think I’ve saved enough trees.

I'm with ya GaryB ,,, they could print and supply the manual cheaper than we could because of mass production .

And if you're like me ,, I can't get the printer to work when I need it .
Minelab has made several firmware revisions since the 600/800 were introduced. Those firmware revisions also required revisions of the manual to keep owners up to date with the detector's capabilities. The most timely and expeditious way to do that is to provide updated manuals via the web site. This seems to work well for the masses who either want a hard copy manual or electronic version for their phone or tablet.

No body does paper manual anymore. Greta Thunberg cries with each one

Trees are a renewable resource. Paper is recyclible and compostable.
Updates do make it obsolete but only to a point, it's because of the bean counters to save them $.

What's a manual? You tube is a good as any manual IMHO.
Mark

What's a manual? You tube is a good as any manual IMHO.
Mark
I like to have the manual in the field with me while I learning the machine. Fumbling around with a cell phone trying to find what I want to know on YouTube while dealing with sunlight and glare just doesn’t cut it.

I went to Office Max today and $9.15 later I have my hard copy manual.

These detectors go all over the world so it has to have many different manuals for different languages is why they dont come with a manual. Instead they put the info on the web site so you can pick the language you need and print it. Save time and money for Minelab and the customers.

Rick

These detectors go all over the world so it has to have many different manuals for different languages is why they dont come with a manual. Instead they put the info on the web site so you can pick the language you need and print it. Save time and money for Minelab and the customers.

Rick
Saves money for MINELAB anyway----don't know about the customers!

Perhaps except us old timers, most customers would rather read the manual on line or their phone then in book forum, anyway. Definitely saves some language's printing time and adds a few bucks to Minelab's bottom line. Which, making money is what all companies are about. And shaving costs at this point in time is quite important for most companies. If I had a problem with how they make their money, I simply wouldn't buy their product. HH jim tn