Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Debby's Big silver day

On the way to Springfield today, my girlfriend Debby, asked me to get off at the next exit so she could use the restroom. I stopped at Mcdonald's, on her way out she bought a soda and the cashier gave her a 1928 standing liberty quarter with her change! I couldn't believe it, what are the odds of that happening? I told her this is your lucky day, we are buying a powerball ticket, and if we get back in town before dark, we are going metal detecting. We got back in time to go to the empty lot where I found the Franklin half last night, and had a good hour to hunt. It started raining pretty hard 15 minutes into the hunt, so I yelled for Debby to head for the truck, but she said "I can't now this signal is just too good to leave" and about that time she pulls out a 1943 Walker half dollar. That's her first half dollar and it's a beauty.

Mike

Amazing
How come these things don't happen to me :)
Seriously, getting a standing liberty quarter in change
How does someone not notice there is a difference but the "new " Washingtons have all sorts of stuff on back and
maybe she/he thought it was just some more of that "new stuff" for the present day quarters
Big Congrats on that Walking Half and your Franklin Half too

HH

That's great for Debbie--congratulations on the big, beautiful silver! Mike, you'll have to take her along more often...maybe some of that luck will rub off. Great looking coins--thanks for sharing.

Congratulations, I got my first silver quarter in change from a toll booth about a year ago. It was at the first toll booth when my wife and I moved from FL to MN. I thought it was a good sign of things to come. Thanks for sharing your finds and your story. HH -Marc

Congrats on the Silver !

Wow! Thanks for the story and the pictures. That's neat!

NebTrac

awesome, congratulations! both coins are beauts.