Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Decent Eagle I Button For This area

usmctop

Spent the day enjoying the sunshine and saving relics. Found an Eagle "I" button and it cleaned up halfway decent. The ground here is usually pretty hard on buttons. The first picture is the button in the field.

Very nice finds. The Eagle I cleaned up well. Congrats.

Top, Semper Fi, and we'll done on some very nice CW Relics. Very nice Eagle I button. The button really cleaned up nice and will display well. The bullets are cool too. The white looking bar to the left, was this a lead bar? Also the piece to the right of the pic. that looks like a disc of sorts with the small pieces around the edge, we're you able to identify what this piece was? Interesting looking. Again, you had a Great hunt and day on saving some CW History.:usaflag::csflag::thumbup:

Nice finds buddy. Those are some different bullets. I've never seen them dug in the east.

Confetrit said:
Top, Semper Fi, and we'll done on some very nice CW Relics. Very nice Eagle I button. The button really cleaned up nice and will display well. The bullets are cool too. The white looking bar to the left, was this a lead bar? Also the piece to the right of the pic. that looks like a disc of sorts with the small pieces around the edge, we're you able to identify what this piece was? Interesting looking. Again, you had a Great hunt and day on saving some CW History.:usaflag::csflag::thumbup:
The lead bar to the left of the picture is just that, a lead bar. You can see knife marks on it where they were maybe checking sharpness of knife after sharpening. The brass disc to the right of the picture is a cavalry rosette. The whole back is lead filled. I found the edges that are broke off first then the big part of the rosette. I have found an identical one to this a month ago that was cut in half with both pieces in the hole.

Digger70pa....these were dug in Trans Mississippi....Missouri. The two solid base bullets just slightly to the right and under the fired 69 caliber I think are Merrill bullets. I can't confirm that though. They match that better than most others in the book. The brass casings in top of picture are fired 12mm pinfires. I find many of them in this field.

Love that brass.. Congrats on the "I" button

Top, Congrat's to you on the Cavalry Rosette and all the saved History. You must be on a good site. Continued Success to you.

Confetrit said:
Top, Congrat's to you on the Cavalry Rosette and all the saved History. You must be on a good site. Continued Success to you.

Semper Fi!!

usmctop said:
Confetrit said:
The lead bar to the left of the picture is just that, a lead bar. You can see knife marks on it where they were maybe checking sharpness of knife after sharpening. The brass disc to the right of the picture is a cavalry rosette. The whole back is lead filled. I found the edges that are broke off first then the big part of the rosette. I have found an identical one to this a month ago that was cut in half with both pieces in the hole.

Digger70pa....these were dug in Trans Mississippi....Missouri. The two solid base bullets just slightly to the right and under the fired 69 caliber I think are Merrill bullets. I can't confirm that though. They match that better than most others in the book. The brass casings in top of picture are fired 12mm pinfires. I find many of them in this field.
Cool. Nice relics buddy.

We appreciate your posts. Nice saves all around. CCH