Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deciding factor?

ronaldj2

Hi all, I am seriously considering adding a new machine to my arsenal. I am eyeballing the ctx as well as the garrett at pro gold, and even a pi water machine. My question to all you ctx owners is: What are some of the pros that may have helped in making a solid decision ? I haven't been on the forum in months, so I'm not really up to speed on all the talkand trials and errors. I'm certainly not a newbie at this, I also have a lot of new good leads for this coming spring. Any input is much appreciated. Ron:garrett::minelab::whites::bounty::detecting:

I was already a fan of Minelab and already owned several models so I knew it was going to be good. For me it was the waterproof facter that sold me. I wanted an all weather machine that I could use in very wet/muddy conditions without putting platstic over the control head. The CTX can just be hosed off.

Dave

Hi I was told the at pro gold can only be used in fresh water,were the 3030 can be both.Plus is also told it's great for iron/trashy ereas.

It is simple and Minelab is improving the machine by down loads!!!!

waterproof,better balance,more solid TID at depths.the ability to download upgrades and tons more. If this one just happens to crap out i will be purchasing another. HH

Waterproof, gps, target trace, better balanced.....what else do you need?
I have personally had mine covered in mud and brought it home and sprayed it off with the garden hose...thats priceless.
OH! Have I told you yet on how many good coins I have pulled out of holes that was infested with nails?
This machine is priceless...but thats just my opinion.

HH,
Mike

What's the max temperature the detector can reach ? I mean, could it work on very high temperatures ?

Operating Temperature Range 32

it will work in high temps. I just wouldnt store it in heated places

Wow, thanks for all the quick responses. I have been using the Safari since they came out with them. Also have a couple of BH's and a Whites xlt. You guys mentioned a better balanced machine. I find the safari tires me out a lot quicker than the xlt. Would you say it is better balanced than the safari?

Night and day between etrac and ctx ? Etrac is probably very similar to the safari in weight and balance. The balance would be a good selling point for me as well as the garden hose cleanablity (is this a new word). Thanks again for the input, this would be considered a large ticket item, so I don't want to rush in too fast. I know everyone has an opinion, the hands on experiences from you all says a lot. Honest, unbiased reviews are key, no used car salesmen.:laugh:

The absolute best machine to have in high trash areas hands down. Plus it's water proof! No need to get another machine for water hunting.

Jim Robertson said:
It is simple and Minelab is improving the machine by down loads!!!!
Downloads to fix problems will be free but what will happen later in the future will minelab might start charging for up grades or new feature. I hope not.

Let me rephrase my comment. I used to have the etrac and i hated it because it was unbalanced and killed my forearm and wrist. I found myself switching arms often and if it was a long hunt, I couldnt swing it with one arm more than 5-7 minutes before changing again.
I was hessitant to switch also but I liked the features of the Etrac and figured with the new machine they would have figured out or tweeked a few things with the ctx. I asked many of people with the concerns of it being balanced and arm fatigue before I jmped in also.

I had a 6 hr hunt today, dont think I coulda done that with the trac, and i only found myself switching arms because my hands were wet and cold. The machine is lighter and not so "coil heavy" or unbalanced to me.... And Im kinda picky!

JMHO
Mike