Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deep Big Silver / Coin Silver Pocket Watch Cover / 1934 Chauffeur License Badge

Yes, I program for crop insurance software.
Could you modify an automotive cpu to accept a super lean burn and timing shift to run a vapor carburetor. I designed and built one back around 83.
Archiving over 70mpg.
I just don't have the skills to adapt it to a modern vehicle.
I've been thinking.
Maybe a propane conversion program ?

thanks! I wish they were virgin sites :) that would be really fun.
No, I have been a Software Engineer for 30 years so my work is confined to one office location.
I still do some research but not as much as prior years.
Around here. I would call those virgin.
Rarely do I dig silver.
Awesome work and dig.
Do you look for old schools and such ?
I'm no longer driving a utility truck which got me into difficult locations.
I would be quite interested in how you find those incredible locations.

Dave, you have worked wonders with the ETrac and have made astonishing finds!
Do you feel the D2 is just as potent and accurate as the Etrac? From the “aching” statement you make above, it sounds as if you are hanging up the Etrac. Is this indeed the case?
I was going to ask the same Jim

Some great finds there Dave. Looks like you are picking up quickly on the D2. Suspect you have enough hours on it to notice the differences between old and new. I am interested in your thoughts about deep ID and discrimination.

The D2 has been very good so far at IDing coins at depth but I need to put more time into it.
Etrac always goes with me and I am not ready to hang that up.
I have been struggling with some back and arm pain the past couple years so the lighter machine is fun to swing.
Dave, you have worked wonders with the ETrac and have made astonishing finds!
Do you feel the D2 is just as potent and accurate as the Etrac? From the “aching” statement you make above, it sounds as if you are hanging up the Etrac. Is this indeed the case?

The D2 has been very good so far at IDing coins at depth but I need to put more time into it.
Etrac always goes with me and I am not ready to hang that up.
I have been struggling with some back and arm pain the past couple years so the lighter machine is fun to swing.
Thank you Dave. I wish you continued success and hope your back and arm issue clear up. I look forward to your future review(s) with the D2.

Hi Rich, many years ago I used an XP Deus for a while and there is no comparison between the XP Deus and XP Deus 2 for deep coin ID. XP Deus 2 seems alot deeper. Alot of improvements have been made.
The verdict is still out for me on what it can pull for real deep nickels but I am very inexperienced on it yet. Still learning and need to put more time into it.
Some great finds there Dave. Looks like you are picking up quickly on the D2. Suspect you have enough hours on it to notice the differences between old and new. I am interested in your thoughts about deep ID and discrimination.

Finds are from a few weekend hunts over the last 3 weekends with my new super light XP Deus 2. I bought it 3 weeks ago and started getting familiar with it right away.
All finds shown are from old researched public sites. Most of the silver including the big silver was pulled from North Dakota.
It didn't take long for me to put any doubts to bed if the Deus 2 was a deep machine or not.
The 1910 Barber Quarter was way down there with the 1935 Half dollar being at least 2 inches under the quarter. I originally hit on the Quarter as i was getting a subtle but repeatable 94 signal on my machine.

The 2 oldest silver dimes and the Chauffeur License Badge were pulled from a Sunday hunt in Minnesota. It was about 8 inches deep. Yesterday was a 5-silver day.
That silver pocket watch cover is very heavy. I was happy to find a 'Coin' stamp on it along with a patent date when I cleaned it up. That was pulled at a nearby former old school site that is now a city park.
thanks for looking!
Dave

Coin Finds
1935 Walking Liberty Half Dollar
1910 D Barber Quarter
9 silver dimes back to 1917
3 silver war nickels
Couple Jefferson nickels back to 1939
1943 Mexican 20 Centavos
11 Wheat pennies back to 1913

Other Finds
coin silver pocket watch (1879 patent date)
1934 Minnesota Chauffeur License badge
Old coat of arms military button and larger ornate button
Country Kitchen token
Sleigh Bell
huge spoon bowl and a smaller spoon bowl
big old lock plate
Patented End item
small colored white and red pendant or zipper pull
small lipstick container
tent stake
harmonica parts
part of a lead printing plate

View attachment 44070View attachment 44072View attachment 44077View attachment 44078View attachment 44079View attachment 44080View attachment 44083View attachment 44084View attachment 44085
AMAZING finds, in worked out places........ with a new , lighter detector..... Careful, everyone will want to know your secret !

E L M Y

Very beautiful finds. When I hunted my father's parking lot at the farm it was nice alot of old finds and some in-between. No silver but many nice artifacts. Keeps the mind going and thinking. Great finds. Amazing what people lose after getting out of vehicles. 99 degrees today to hot for hunting. Pool was 92 so did it for two hours . Freezer Friday take care and the best. Farm was in Minnesota.

I believe there is deeper silver in our EMI Hell Zone out here. Maybe not enough to contemplate getting yet another detector but none the less if the interference is masking signals then what else is there in that 10” range?
The one day I hit the area and there was no EMI I quickly found a Barber half, a Barber quarter, and an old Canadian dime at the 4-6” range. This area has been heavily hit and these popped up like no one ever was there. The 1841 seated dime was right at 11” but that was fringe area of the HZ.
Makes a person wonder…..plus the EMI disappears from time and at no set schedule.

I'd CK the hell emi area first on arrival.
CK throughout your time there.
And hit again before you leave.
When you hit when it's off.
I'd stay until I was ready to collapse.
From your experience I've read.
It's loaded. Good Luck.

Jim do you still go to northern MN Quite a pretty place. I remember north of Duluth and we stayed in cabins. The water between MN and Canada is beautiful. The boundary waters.
Yes, Lake Of The Woods, near Warroad, Mn, near the Canada border. Not as pretty as the boundary waters, but great walleye fishing. (SORRY DAVE) HH jim tn

Around here. I would call those virgin.
Rarely do I dig silver.
Awesome work and dig.
Do you look for old schools and such ?
I'm no longer driving a utility truck which got me into difficult locations.
I would be quite interested in how you find those incredible locations.
At well hunted beat to death sites I look around for the absolute last place anyone would bother swinging a coil and hunt that. I picked off a lot of old coins doing that. In downtown Albany, NY there are two major streets that come together in a 'V' with a small wedge of grass smack in the middle of the street. But I noticed on early 1800's maps those same two streets came together there. I got there at first light one day, no traffic yet, jumped over there and dang if there wasn't a 1700's MA Colonial large cent there.

yes, it really helps to study every old map you can get your hands on to see what used to exist in a location even if dirt has been moved around.
Alot of the sites I hit are revisited so taking a second look at an old map can make you start hunting in a section of the site you didn't before.
Awesome find with that MA Colonial coin. You definitely earned that one. Those are the best coins to get, when research pays off like that.
At well hunted beat to death sites I look around for the absolute last place anyone would bother swinging a coil and hunt that. I picked off a lot of old coins doing that. In downtown Albany, NY there are two major streets that come together in a 'V' with a small wedge of grass smack in the middle of the street. But I noticed on early 1800's maps those same two streets came together there. I got there at first light one day, no traffic yet, jumped over there and dang if there wasn't a 1700's MA Colonial large cent there.