Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deep coins

I hate to disagree but I do.
We are taking about deep coins. I consider a deep coin to be 10 inches or better.
I'm not saying this will be so 100 percent of the time but some (most in my experience)deep coins will sound like a complete ferrous targets when you do the 1/4 turn. I've tested this with several different machines.
And when you watch videos of some YouTubers doing test on deep coins you will see they have to swing in a certain direction to get the nonferrous signal.
If anyone doesn't believe this you should do the test yourself.
CTX 3030, 2 Garrett AT Pros, 3 different Equinox 800s and Simplex all gave the same results. Yes the Simplex did detect the 10 to 11 in coins but just barely. And two friends were swinging the AT Pros.
But all got a good nonferrous signal in one direction and a ferrous on the turn.
Jay hop, that is my experience as well - if I get a good signal on deep coins in one direction and crap in other directions I dig.
Sometimes you get the bear and sometimes the bear gets you.
Tony

When swinging over 10-11 inch coins, while walking in a circle, in my test garden, They sound like iron for about 60% of the circle.
So deep nonferrous targets will sound like ferrous targets at the right angle.
I have also found this to be true while in the field.
As for the 3030, yes I dig more rusted square nails with the equinox by a long shot.
The advantage I have over some is that I mainly hunt farm fields and I can quickly dig and not have to worry about plugs in a yard or park.
And in my experience Park 1 gives a more stable ID than Park 2.
Park 2 seems to have a better audio report but on my 10 inch dime the VDI bounces into the single digits.
While the VDI in Park 1 jumps a little high but is more stable.
I know some will have a different experience but that's mine.
I understand what you're saying and I think a lot has to do with soil conditions

I can agree with mackdog and jayhop but i will give mackdog another thing to his method when checking that target before going on sweep that target at a faster sweep .
All these targets that are deep and on fringe depth well go to iron as jayhop says .
Take the ctx -o- nail coin nail at a 1/8 inch apart Andy coin pattern says use 28 fe line well if you use 28 you well hear all the targets but they well be all low fe line at 32 and you well get low high low . Why because you are adding disc to the iron the fe line is just disc for iron as iron bias on the nox same can be said of discing -1 to -9 by not being in all metal.

The thing about deep coins is your not trying to separate from other targets close by you can't at that depth it's seeing bought targets some bleed signals together some pick one over the other.
What your trying to do is separate the ground from the target if you air test with a ctx you will see the iron bin is empty do it on the ground and in my soil it well always show iron in the bin why. It is the ground it is a weak iron signal not enough return to trigger a tone.
When you get enough dirt over a target you well get a iron response the ground if the target is to weak to give tone iron well rule but speeding coil sweep may make a target have a bigger change than the iron ground signal giving tone.
Just as the ctx with -0- we didn't disc the nails completely at 28 fe line but it was enough to drive the dime to iron .So the more disc you use the harder it well be to hear those fringe coins iron disc -1 to -9 or more iron bias .
I well always say if you disc out unwanted sounds ground foil tabs and so on you well also disc the target you want that's with them . sube