Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deep on-Fast on.:starwars:

LabradorBob

Staff member
The manual says with either on you are sacrificing visual ID.
Has anyone noticed the id being way off?

Bob i do! No so much with the deep setting. The fast setting not only skewes the numbers but the tone for me as well. I only run one or the other. Never both at the same time. Or none at all.

I think that could have answered my question today. I had fast on for the first time since getting my machine. The numbers were off from where they normally are. I came accross this post i thought yes that would explain it. I was picking up Indian heads qt 12-50. Thanks for your post!

lespaul said:
I think that could have answered my question today. I had fast on for the first time since getting my machine. The numbers were off from where they normally are. I came accross this post i thought yes that would explain it. I was picking up Indian heads qt 12-50. Thanks for your post!
Indian Heads at 12-50?

I turn on fast recovery in areas with hyper high trash densities to help separate nearby targets. Especially helpful when using the wiggle pinpoint method to isolate nearby targets.
The IDs are only noticeably more erratic but well worth the tradeoff in high trash areas. In my experience, the Deep and Recovery settings are mutually exclusive.

If one wants rock solid accurate IDs, use AUTO sens., turn off Deep and Fast Recovery....but the real deep oldies will be walked over, guaranteed.

Went back to old park. Turned deep off. Id was what they were meant to be. No ih Today but dug q total of 10 nickles including one buffalo and two Vs. Also a 1906 barber dime and a small silver chain. All of these were back to normal ids. After turning deep off. I run in multi tones. +3 manual at 28-30. High trash. Seems to be working for me after only 1.5 weeks with the Etrac. The day before I took one of my best coins. 1876 seated quarter.

I have played with the settings off and on...........and I keep going back to FAST ON, and DEEP off, works great for me, always has. Deep on skews with number ID too much for my liking. It is rare to ever get a coin deeper than 9-10 in my area. In fact most are in 6-8" range. Even coins in 8-10" range give good consistent readings with fast on and deep off. Works for me and I'm sticking to what works for last 4 yrs and thousands of hours on my etrac

Goes4ever said:
.......It is rare to ever get a coin deeper than 9-10 in my area. In fact most are in 6-8" range......

Wow, you're lucky!:thumbup:

My wrists are still sore from last year digging 10+ inch targets the majority in hard pack soil. No shovel allowed, just a modified garden trowel.
And, to add insult on injury, a lot of those targets were small corroded nails, small screws and bolts.:angry:
Forced me to wear wrist supports when detecting in some areas.:lol: