Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Depth modulation

I haven't heard of anything if the Nox has audio modulation and or is it adjustable? Just wondering if the deepies sound as if they are close to the surface or not. Thanks, Steve

it has little in the way of modulation out to about 3-4" its maximum depth depending on your settings. With a recovery of 6 a dime will sound soft at about 9" in my soil. Lower the recovery and be prepaid to dig to China.

The pinpointing seems to be a complete mystery to me at this point though it is suppose to articulate depth of a target at first, then up the audio as you make multiple passes over the target to pinpoint the center. This has worked on single targets in clean areas but as far as multiple targets (trashy or iron), for me, its been a bit painful ..

"The pinpointing seems to be a complete mystery to me at this point though it is suppose to articulate depth of a target at first, then up the audio as you make multiple passes over the target to pinpoint the center. This has worked on single targets in clean areas but as far as multiple targets (trashy or iron), for me, its been a bit painful .."

At first I was a bit confused about it as I thought I was not over the target, but now with time I am much better at the centering. Yes, it might start with a faint high tone, then switch to a lower softer tone, then go to a higher tone when it realizes how deep it is. I find the shallow stuff or really big stuff screams high tone, but deeper stuff has the mid tone and volume until exactly centered.

Do you have any issues with losing the target after a plug is cut and pulled out? Mine seems to have real issue with finding a coin in dirt in and around the plug after getting it out of the hole!