Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detech 18 x 15

MackDog

Has any used or tried the Detech 18 x 15 coil for the V3i or VX3? If so can we get a review?
Thanks MackDog

It depends on how you are planning to use it. Not much, if any, help for coin hunting and it is big and heavy, but if you have the arm for it and are cashe hunting or for deep large relics, it might be worth it.

Not good idea. This is too much in my opinion. 12x10 is huge, but still have almost the same weight like factory 10 DD, so this is right choice. If you need something bigger you need Minelab Harness for it, and each time detach detector if you want to dig... so...

Thanks for the info. I run the Big NEL coil on the At Pro and it's great for coin hunting. Goes deep on small targets and covers a lot of area on each sweep.

I run the 12x15 almost exclusively. 10" on a quarter is no problem and I cover an amazing amount of ground. I am however disappointed in the durability of the coil, they lose null and overload above 5-7 depending upon temperature. This was after 6 months of use. I found this with the 10x12 and the 12x15. In fact I had 5 of the 10x12 that have now overloaded and I wont even bother with trying any warranty claims as they are a nightmare. Great coil for 6 months and the 12x15 with a gain of 4 on the v3i is deeper than I like to dig, sometimes.....